CSPP San Diego VS George Washington PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to digress, but isn't Biola a religious institution/program? Do you attend a religious program? I kinda assumed that the folks who graduated from religiously affiliated doctoral programs in psych wouldn't have too easy a time getting (mainstream, non-religiously affiliated) academic gigs.

Nope it is not a religious school that I attend. Rosemead School of Psychology is part of Biola University and their students graduate with either a PhD/PsyD but they also get a MA degree in theology as a requirement of they program. Strangely enough they have psychodynamic orientation in all of their courses, and this faculty person did not have one course in CBT when they attended Rosemead. She practices Christian Psychology and had a heck of a time passing the EPPP, even though Rosemead is APA accredited.

I don't understand why so many of the Rosemead psychology graduates end up teaching in doctoral programs rather than engaging in clinical practice. I just know she was not impressed by the CAPIC internship that she completed and she really regreted not having an APA accredited internship as it affected her career options. Many of the Rosemead graduates end up with the VA, so I think if you are Christian you are accepted at many other universities or federal programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Many of the Rosemead graduates end up with the VA, so I think if you are Christian you are accepted at many other universities or federal programs.

False.

I would agree based on my own limited experience. The few individuals I've spoken with who attended religiously-affiliated doctoral programs spoke of the significant difficulties they had in securing internships and postdocs (although the individuals I know took it upon themselves to go above and beyond by securing multiple external practica and research placements, so they ultimately landed in some pretty solid institutions).

Then again, obviously take this with a grain of salt; it very well could be indicative of the one or two programs they attended rather than all religiously-affiliated programs as a whole.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would agree based on my own limited experience. The few individuals I've spoken with who attended religiously-affiliated doctoral programs spoke of the significant difficulties they had in securing internships and postdocs (although the individuals I know took it upon themselves to go above and beyond by securing multiple external practica and research placements, so they ultimately landed in some pretty solid institutions).

Then again, obviously take this with a grain of salt; it very well could be indicative of the one or two programs they attended rather than all religiously-affiliated programs as a whole.

The "false" was in reference to the (erroneous) correlation suggested by 4410 between Christianity and acceptance for university and/or federal government employment. If there is actual evidence to support that notion, then cite it. If not, then be a good scientist and look at your data more critically before voicing such intellectually sloppy conclusions.

The "false" was in reference to the (erroneous) correlation suggested by 4410 between Christianity and acceptance for university and/or federal government employment. If there is actual evidence to support that notion, then cite it. If not, then be a good scientist and look at your data more critically before voicing such intellectually sloppy conclusions.

I'd originally read/interpreted 4410's statement as referencing Christian program attendance specifically moreso than general religious leaning, but I can see how he/she might have transitioned from Christian programs to just being Christian there at the end of the post.

Although my other post about the difficulties I've heard individuals from strongly religiously-affiliated schools stands. But again, it might be more a component of the one or two programs those individuals attended specifically than of religiously-affiliated programs as a whole.