General Current cycle not looking great, should I prepare to reapply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerioDont

Resident Periodontist
7+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
I submitted secondaries mid-late august and have received 1 interview and 1 pre-interview rejection so far. My interview didn’t go great, so not expecting an acceptance there.

I saw on SDN that a lot of schools are already filling up their class. Additionally, everyone I know who has applied in the past had interviews in September-October. I am wondering if it is too late for me to expect to get in this cycle and if I should begin preparing to reapply (asking for recommendations, applying for jobs etc…)

Stats: ORM, 3.98 GPA, 524 MCAT
worried because I don’t have any major publications and have pretty low clinical hours

I think its still a little early to assume you won't get in this cycle quite yet

Members don't see this ad.

You should always have a plan B in case you don't get in. Chances are that you're just panicking a little early based on your stats, but better to be working on your weak areas now and have a plan ready for next year rather than be rushing to fix the problems in the spring.

Since I read that high stat applicants usually get offered interviews earlier, I’m wondering if I just got silent rejections and am worried that there are some significant issues since I applied to 30+ schools

Could be, though it's impossible to guess. Or you could just be on hold. But as I said it's better to assume you will eventually be rejected and act accordingly until you get an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.