Current Events During Pharm Residency Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a fourth-year pharmacy student who is staying extremely busy with current rotations (and the amount of reading, studying, projects, and/or presentations required per rotation). Not including the emails I receive from APhA and ASHP, I have lost touch with the latest events relating to pharmacy. So far, I have three on-site residency interview offers! With regard to interviews past residents have had and/or current program directors conducted, what is the chance that I'll get asked questions relating to current events? If I do get asked a question I'm unable to answer, is it okay to say I do not know? In advance, thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Medscape, Journal Watch and Pharmacists Letter are things I use to stay sort of kind of up on the issues. Don't know if it would come up in an interview or not. I don't recall what we discussed in mine, sadly since it wasn't that long ago :laugh:

If you don't know the answer the worst thing you could do is try to fudge it. The only option is to say you don't know.