Current state of US health system and policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oatmilkplease

Reaction score
Hey guys!

As I am currently preparing for the upcoming interview season, I have slowly come to the realization that I am not as well-versed on the overall landscape of our country's healthcare system as I previously thought I was. I have also never taken a course on public health and health policy. With that being said, what are some good ways to prepare for potential questions on this topic for interviews? Are there any potentially controversial issues that would be good to look out for (several things that come to mind, for example, are mandated vaccines for healthcare workers, overturning of Roe v. Wade, etc)?

I just purchased two books (The Price We Pay: What Broke American Health Care--and How to Fix It and The Health Care Handbook) but I would greatly appreciate any additional resources you think might be helpful! Thank you all, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You should enroll in Becoming a Student Doctor. We cover a lot of current topics that concern medical education in your future. We are preparing for interviews in the cohort we are now enrolling.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

As I am currently preparing for the upcoming interview season, I have slowly come to the realization that I am not as well-versed on the overall landscape of our country's healthcare system as I previously thought I was. I have also never taken a course on public health and health policy. With that being said, what are some good ways to prepare for potential questions on this topic for interviews? Are there any potentially controversial issues that would be good to look out for (several things that come to mind, for example, are mandated vaccines for healthcare workers, overturning of Roe v. Wade, etc)?

I just purchased two books (The Price We Pay: What Broke American Health Care--and How to Fix It and The Health Care Handbook) but I would greatly appreciate any additional resources you think might be helpful! Thank you all, and good luck!
Recommend asking chat gpt for takes on current health issues. You'll always get pretty decent answers and they'll almost always be either neutral or politically correct takes, so it's hard to go wrong.

Reactions: 1 users