Curve Setter Mcat Prep??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildcat96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere online and cannot find reviews other than ones that you pay for. Anyone bought the course and have opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of this before, I think the fact that they create a combined course with Uworld access is promising. No experience with it though

You can get UWorld access regardless of the course you choose. It wasn't created with Uworld.
I cannot comment on Curvesetter's videos but most students (and myself) find Khan academy videos effective for their learning and very detailed and animated .
Most of Khan academy's videos were created in conjunction with AAMC and there are some excellent teachers on youtube who are hard to trump and courses are rarely able to deliver videos that explore the detail of these videos.
If you are seeking their videos - would seek their search for their free sample videos on youtube and make an assessment if that is how you want to learn with the MCAT and if you agree with their teaching style.
I would not put too much stock in any companies claim of "average results" as they have much inherent bias'.
For videos, CrashCourse on YouTube is A+ as well. Nowhere near as detail oriented as KA, and far more entertaining. You don’t need nitty gritty details on the MCAT unless you are boning for a 524+ but if you are comf with a 518+ then crash course is primo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! This is what I used exclusively for content review for Biology/Biochemistry, Chemistry/Physics and Psychology/Sociology. I only had 6.5 weeks to prepare for my MCAT, and was looking for very strategic content review. The tutors spent the time to look through each bullet point of the AAMC content guide when creating the powerpoint presentations with audio lectures. Thus, the content is 100% tailored towards MCAT. This is the difference. Crash Course and Khan Academy are amazing, but their target audience is not specifically MCAT test-takers. The result, study smarter, not harder. PM if you want more details.

I did not use UWorld. I did 3.5 weeks of content review using only Curve Setter's presentations and audio lectures, and then 3 weeks of AAMC Question Packs, the 3 AAMC FL's, plus the 1 AAMC Sample Exam. I did not work or take classes during this time, and did not have time for third-party exams or practice questions.
For students with more time to study than I did, I believe they would benefit even more from Curve Setter's material.