cutoff scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktat72

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
to those who have just been through the match the last couple of years, anyone know of any cutoffs in step 1 scores in Texas?

Members don't see this ad.

ktat72 said:
to those who have just been through the match the last couple of years, anyone know of any cutoffs in step 1 scores in Texas?

Above 230,but then again this is hearsay.....I believe this is on the higher but safer side.Check on the AM forum for more.

with a 219, am i out of luck with any of the texas programs?

did a rotation at UTH in 2002 in the Cardiology department (ended up being a Bariatric Surgery project) and received a LOR from one of the cardiologists there with whom I worked - will that help?

Members don't see this ad :)
No one can provide an answer to that.People with eeven lesser score do match but they are few and far between.I guess you already know that.But you will land a Rads spot somewhere,but where..who knows.And in these times,that too is a tremendous blessing.Don't limit yourself to Texas.Place is only for five years.Rads..lifelong...Does it makes sense?
Regards

thanks santiago, i was not going to limit myself to texas, especially for the fact that i am from the midwest and was born and grew up in the midwest. i would be happy to match anywhere, but texas would be one of my top choices for states - there are a couple others as well.