CV help: what do I do with an informal & semi-relevant post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stayathomemom

Now with 100% more Stay At Home™!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a CV to apply for a volunteer program doing medical research as an assistant. When I get to the education section, do I need to include ALL of my post-secondary education? (I'm currently enrolled at the local community college taking a few classes [actually they're prerequisites for the ABSN program which is my back-up plan if med school never pans out for me :dead: but they include semi-relevant classes like human A&P].) Or should I leave that off because it's not exactly relevant to med school prerequisites and from the local CC and not a 4-year fancy college:pompous:? If I should include it, how do I note it? It's not a formal program at all.

Sorry, I've never made a CV before. Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I would include it, as it seems relevant. If nothing else it shows that you've made a commitment to the healthcare field and that you're actively working toward your goal.

I've seen this handled a few different ways. You can list the school and the years attended and rather than specifying a degree simply say something like, "Pre-health studies" or "Pre-nursing coursework". Dr. Meyers (who was a non-traditional student) just says, "Post baccalaureate pre-medical studies," under the school name rather than listing a degree earned on her CV.

You could also list out specific courses if you feel that they're relevant. Something along the lines of, "Pre-health coursework including: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Course 2, Course 3."

Reactions: 1 user
I would include it, as it seems relevant. If nothing else it shows that you've made a commitment to the healthcare field and that you're actively working toward your goal.

I've seen this handled a few different ways. You can list the school and the years attended and rather than specifying a degree simply say something like, "Pre-health studies" or "Pre-nursing coursework". Dr. Meyers (who was a non-traditional student) just says, "Post baccalaureate pre-medical studies," under the school name rather than listing a degree earned on her CV.

You could also list out specific courses if you feel that they're relevant. Something along the lines of, "Pre-health coursework including: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Course 2, Course 3."
That makes a lot of sense. I'd tried googling it and searching the forums but couldn't get an appropriate answer, so thank you so much for replying and clearing that up for me!