CVS FFL and EL Program..what did you really learn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDL042

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been notified that I've been nominated from my RxSup to join the FFL Program in hopes to further my leadership abilities to someday become RxSup or DM. Anyone have any insight on the FFL or EL Program?

Members don't see this ad.

Be prepared to guzzle the kool-aid like you have never have guzzled it before and be able to relocate any place in the country they want you to move when a position opens up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't go through the entire program but sat in on two of them. It's basically corporate propaganda and kool aid drinking through and through. I couldn't believe some of the statements I was hearing from people that were working on the bench (i.e. Techs just need to work harder and wecare will work fine ....no extra hours are needed).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Emerging leaders? Check out posts from NateRobinson and Rxnupe. CVS pretty much stringed them along. They were basically repeating CVS corporate propaganda.

Only a few get to become DM and get to move up the corporate ladder. It is scary to think the type of people CVS wants to promote and the things they are willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It's like North Korea except with more propaganda

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't been myself, but I've my fair share of PICs in the EL program get strung along and used as the district whipping boy. Doing monthly store visits when RXS was on vacation, following up on training compliance for the RXS, calling to bludgeon staff pharmacists to death over metrics they weren't meeting (but in a buddy-buddy way). Basically a puppet. If you do well you'll be promoted to area whipping boy somewhere in Kansas.

All of the above is true.

It's all politics.

And I'm still not promoted.

5 years in the FFL program (pre-EL program) in New Jersey and Connecticut.

Managed 3 stores. One that did 3000 a week, one that did 3700 a week and my current store which does 3800 a week.

Managed 24 hour stores, non-24 hour stores, drive through stores, etc. At one point I was pretty much the Store Manager and the Pharmacy Manager at the same time since they fired the SM, couldn't really find anyone that was good, so I was doing the myschedule for the front and of course I knew everything about the front end anyway.

Oh, and of course I have NEVER gotten below a 3.5 on myStore Health or below a 85 on myPatient Care Outcomes in any of my stores.

Politics, Politics, Politics, Politics.

^^ you sir are a good work horse. Your loyalty and youth went into this company. What did you get in return? Your hard work is being used to promote others.

"Yeah I whipped him into a good work horse"

"You did an awesome job stringing him along. That is what we need. You are promoted to regional VP".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It's all politics.

Managed 3 stores. One that did 3000 a week, one that did 3700 a week and my current store which does 3800 a week.

Managed 24 hour stores, non-24 hour stores, drive through stores, etc. At one point I was pretty much the Store Manager and the Pharmacy Manager at the same time since they fired the SM, couldn't really find anyone that was good, so I was doing the myschedule for the front and of course I knew everything about the front end anyway.

Oh, and of course I have NEVER gotten below a 3.5 on myStore Health or below a 85 on myPatient Care Outcomes in any of my stores.

That's incredible Nate. Surely, your time is coming soon enough if you've managed to bring that much success.

So in my entrance into the program, what's the incentive? I don't plan to be a "district whip-boy". I'd rather get promoted RxManager and wait my turn.

Agreed?

It's all politics.

They probably think you would be a liability in a leadership role and/or you lack professionalism and maturity. You've got the Kool-aid part down.

I just found out that I will be getting a mini district sometime soon. That was so SUDDEN! I'm being pulled from my store and will run 6 stores in the New Jersey area. I don't want to say where or when because some of you might put two and two together and recognize me...

Hard work does pay off. I've been waiting for this for YEARS

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out that I will be getting a mini district sometime soon. That was so SUDDEN! I'm being pulled from my store and will run 6 stores in the New Jersey area. I don't want to say where or when because some of you might put two and two together and recognize me...

Hard work does pay off. I've been waiting for this for YEARS

Congrats dude. I hope it works out for you. And that it is not an April Fool's joke, lol

Thanks man. I'll update you guys to tell you how it is. My biggest fear is dealing with pharmacy managers who just don't care and let the store deteriorate and become disgusting. I've visited quite a few stores and the pharmacy gives me a heart attack. Unfiled scripts everywhere, garbage, stickers EVERYWHERE (with all sorts of notes, and if you rip them off they leave residue) and just generally everything looks like crap.

My store is beautiful because I make sure everyone cleans every single day.

Members don't see this ad :)
APRIL FOOLS.

I'm still a corporate bitch. Maybe in 10 years I'll get promoted

Reactions: 5 users
Oh yes, I hate stickers/notes everywhere. So tacky. Not to mention, unhelpful.

Speaking of things looking like crap, a customer put their elbow through my counter. Yup, there is a physical hole in my drop off counter. With nice, jaggy edges. I put in a service ticket about it in December. I asked my DM to help me expedite getting it repaired as it is a safety issue. He took one of those awful countertop stickie mats and plastered it over the hole. And here we are in April and now I have a stickie thing curling at the edges and if I remove it a nice dangerous hole in the counter with stickie residue all around it. So maybe, just maybe, don't always blame the PIC for the pharmacy looking like crap. :p

In non-April Fools news, I did not get the hospital job I applied to BUT I did get a job at a closed door pharmacy. I am very optimistic about working somewhere that doesn't deal with the public. Wish me luck!

If you can get my store's mycustomer over 80, you are a god. You ain't seen **** until you see this place. Techs have a 90% quit rate within 2 months. Nobody speaks English. I thought the Harbison store was a circus...And it is...but this place is like Mogadishu...

If you can get my store's mycustomer over 80, you are a god. You ain't seen **** until you see this place. Techs have a 90% quit rate within 2 months. Nobody speaks English. I thought the Harbison store was a circus...And it is...but this place is like Mogadishu...

Bro, it's like that at most CVS's. If you thought the turn over of pharmacists was bad at CVS, the turn over of techs is even worse. Every 2 months I had a brand new staff at my store, and once they realized the job was bull****, and once they realized they worked harder than if they were at a sweat shop, everyone quit. Heck, people would rather work at a sweat shop because at least they can sit down. Every 2 months I was meeting new people that my dumba** managers hired, and 2 months they all quit. This is what happens when you don't value your employees. It's a bigger problem with the company, not at store level.

Bro, it's like that at most CVS's. If you thought the turn over of pharmacists was bad at CVS, the turn over of techs is even worse. Every 2 months I had a brand new staff at my store, and once they realized the job was bull****, and once they realized they worked harder than if they were at a sweat shop, everyone quit. Heck, people would rather work at a sweat shop because at least they can sit down. Every 2 months I was meeting new people that my dumba** managers hired, and 2 months they all quit. This is what happens when you don't value your employees. It's a bigger problem with the company, not at store level.

We had a line at drive through that lapped the store. I've been around, too. Including the busiest store on the East Coast. This joint is bonkers. You have no idea.

Couldn't you just get promoted to Rx supervisor without having to go through this program? It seems they just put "graduates" in crappy districts.

Couldn't you just get promoted to Rx supervisor without having to go through this program? It seems they just put "graduates" in crappy districts.

Nope. You have to pass the program in order to become one (plus there need to be a spot or you).

You have to pass this program and then WAIT! Hopefully my district will allow me to replace the next once he moves his ranks. As much as it sucks to say, I will be waiting until that happens because I am not willing to relocate. So just like NATE, I'll be a corporate b**** in the meantime.

The only way to get promoted higher than rx manager is to kiss enough buttholes from the start and not piss anyone off. It will certainly help if you have a buddy that's already in the position you want.

The extra compensation is meager for all the assess you have to kiss. Most people can do better if they save plenty and invest their money wisely (up to VP level where a staff rph can still beat their income thru forced savings + disciplined investments).

You have to pass this program and then WAIT! Hopefully my district will allow me to replace the next once he moves his ranks. As much as it sucks to say, I will be waiting until that happens because I am not willing to relocate. So just like NATE, I'll be a corporate b**** in the meantime.

It's not like you ain't getting paid to be Corp bitch. If you want it, do whatever they say and stay out of trouble, and kiss tons of buttholes.