CVS Incident Reporting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are making me paranoid now. I usually just pour a few pills onto the cap to check them and eyeball the rest to see if any are randomly differently colored or bigger/smaller.

Members don't see this ad.

It's unbelievable the amounts of mistakes I see at CVS regarding commingled pills. I have never seen such a problem at my independent pharmacy, but when I was at CVS, that shi* happened on a daily basis. The workflow completely sucks, no offence. They spent so much time and money on their workflow, and it sucks a**.

It's unbelievable the amounts of mistakes I see at CVS regarding commingled pills. I have never seen such a problem at my independent pharmacy, but when I was at CVS, that shi* happened on a daily basis. The workflow completely sucks, no offence. They spent so much time and money on their workflow, and it sucks a**.
The workflow is good. It's the staffing that sucks. Double the manpower and you'd likely see something more like your independent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, this thread really went somewhere I wasn't expecting.

I realize at this point it's just piling on, but what the hell is the point of verifying a script if you don't actually look at it. You might as well give your credentials to a tech to make things faster. CVS puts enough risk on your license as it is, why would you give away your last line of defense.

Forget about what's right and wrong, use your brain and protect yourself. At least the rest of us will always have jobs with people like you in the profession.

Reactions: 1 user

If you follow the workflow there would NEVER be any commingled pills. It's how much you don't follow the workflow that causes the problem.

If you follow the workflow there would NEVER be any commingled pills. It's how much you don't follow the workflow that causes the problem.
No. You can get commingled pills via a Kirby Lester.