CVS LP AUDIT NEW POLICY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like cvs adds more accountability to the staff rph . For a failed lp audit,both rph will get written up starting with level 2,and up to termination.

Members don't see this ad.

I used to work at a store attached to a regional office. The LP guy was up in our asses twice a week because we were 70 yards from his cubicle. He called my supervisor and tried to get him to write me up one time. The HVAC was messed up in the store and the A/C would make it like 50 degrees inside the pharmacy in September/October when it got cool outside. So I wore a sweatshirt from like midnight-6AM or so because it was effing freezing. He sees me on camera with a sweatshirt on and tried to go nuclear on me.

Thankfully that guy isn't the LP rep for our district anymore. The new one is more reasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Well if an LP audit is announced weeks in advance and you are given a specific date, is there a good reason to fail one? No.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to work at a store attached to a regional office. The LP guy was up in our asses at twice a week because we were 70 yards from his cubicle. He called my supervisor and tried to get him to write me up one time. The HVAC was messed up in the store and the A/C would make it like 50 degrees inside the pharmacy in September/October when it got cool outside. So I wore a sweatshirt from like midnight-6AM or so because it was effing freezing. He sees me on camera with a sweatshirt on and tried to go nuclear on me.

Thankfully that guy isn't the LP rep for our district anymore. The new one is more reasonable.
If it's 50 in the store, they have bigger things to worry about than somebody with a sweatshirt. You know, like thousands of dollars in inventory that isn't being stored in proper conditions.

I used to work at a store attached to a regional office. The LP guy was up in our asses at twice a week because we were 70 yards from his cubicle. He called my supervisor and tried to get him to write me up one time. The HVAC was messed up in the store and the A/C would make it like 50 degrees inside the pharmacy in September/October when it got cool outside. So I wore a sweatshirt from like midnight-6AM or so because it was effing freezing. He sees me on camera with a sweatshirt on and tried to go nuclear on me.

How is this issue something that LP has any say over? This strikes me as out-of-scope.

If it's 50 in the store, they have bigger things to worry about than somebody with a sweatshirt. You know, like thousands of dollars in inventory that isn't being stored in proper conditions.
They fixed it eventually. They did a full-store remodel.

Last edited:
How is this issue something that LP has any say over? This strikes me as out-of-scope.

That's what my boss said. Actually, the LP guy trumped it up, too. The way he put it, I had something like a Phat Farm hoodie with drawings of guns and skulls all over it on and I had the hood up talking to patients. In reality, it was a plain black Fruit of the Loom zip up. At first my boss called to chew me out. The he looked at the camera, saw the dude was exaggerating out of his ass, and called me to say he was given faulty info.

I swear to God this is true, ask Old Timer.

Last edited:
That's what my boss said. Actually, the LP guy trumped it up, too. The way he put it, I had a Phat Farm hoodie with drawings of guns and skulls all over it on and I had the hood up talking to patients. In reality, it was a plain black Fruit of the Loom zip up. At first my boss called to chew me out. The he looked at the camera, saw the dude was exaggerating out of his ass, and called me to say he was given faulty info.

I swear to God this is true, ask Old Timer.

I've never questioned your honesty.

And video can be very helpful; sometimes I wish I could set up a camera in my office.

I've never questioned your honesty.

And video can be very helpful; sometimes I wish I could set up a camera in my office.

If I were another person, I wouldn't believe me. Weird **** likes to happen to me. That's why I had to take pictures of my car when it exploded. And the shack I used to have to live in for a month and a half. Those stories just weren't believable without evidence. And the LP guy story sounds like something Sparda would make up.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually think the new policy is more fair. Why should only the pic get written up when the staff pharmacist is they are the same amount of time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile app

No it is tougher now. The first failed audit is a level 2

Members don't see this ad :)
for a guy out of the retail world, what constitutes a failed audit?

for a guy out of the retail world, what constitutes a failed audit?
You circled the number of bottles of OxyContin sent on the invoice instead of placing a check mark next to the number. You know, the important stuff.

You circled the number of bottles of OxyContin sent on the invoice instead of placing a check mark next to the number. You know, the important stuff.

We are allowed to either circle or check the number. Either one is acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

OMFG the 222 forms. Each line needs initialed with the full NDC handwritten. Correctly handwritten. Don't you effing dare accidently write the wrong number. Each line on the invoice needs checked. Don't forget to sign each page individually, too. And for the love of god, don't put it in the wrong folder in the important document box or whatever the hell it's called.

I want to stab somebody all of a sudden.

OMFG the 222 forms. Each line needs initialed with the full NDC handwritten. Correctly handwritten. Don't you effing dare accidently write the wrong number. Each line on the invoice needs checked. Don't forget to sign each page individually, too. And for the love of god, don't put it in the wrong folder in the important document box or whatever the hell it's called.

I want to stab somebody all of a sudden.
I will give CVS props for finally moving to electronic perpetual inventory log though. Now we just need CSOS and it will be like we are in the 21st centry.

The LP guy went nuclear on you because of personal belongings in the pharmacy. It's not out of his scope. It's very IN his scope.

That being said, he is a *****. Having a bad LP guy can ruin your god damn life. My LP manager is amazing. I bring sweaters to the pharmacy, he sees them, and doesn't say anything. Because he knows its ****ing winter and its cold, and that people get chilly and want to wear a sweater sometimes. Don't even get me started on that "anything but clear liquids rule." Holy ****. In early 2015 we got audited by an RLPM from another district because they were doing random audits on each other, and the bitch tried to tell me some **** like we can only bring CLEAR LIQUIDS into the pharmacy. Meaning she had a problem with me bringing my Dunkin Donuts cup of coffee into the store every day. **** that. If I'm working a long shift, I need my large coffee in the morning to get things going. She tried to justify it by saying they've caught people putting Promethazine-Codeine in cups, coffee cups and taking it home like that. She said If I was going to insist on bringing coffee, that I WOULD HAVE TO CALL MY FRONT STORE MANAGER AND HAVE HIM ****ING SMELL THE CUP TO MAKE SURE ITS COFFEE AND NOT A DRUG. Can you imagine how that conversation would go? "Hey Josh, need you to come to the pharmacy real quick. I'm heading home but Need you to smell my cup of coffee to make sure its actually coffee and not this drug called promethazine-codeine, which is red in color and smells really sweet and is sometimes diverted....erghhh you know what Josh, why dont you ****ing pat down my cock while you're doing that?"

MY LP manager rolled his eyes and said not to worry about her. These guys are like crooked police officers. They're on a power trip and they get erections (and wet vaginas) off of making hard working pharmacy team members sweat over nothing. It's so annoying and unnecessary that it makes my blood boil. They make us post posters of pharmacists in handcuffs, with threats all over them saying we will get caught if we steal, and go to jail, etc. There's no need for any of that. The company has high tech equipment that can tell when people are stealing based on the on hands and potential constant ordering.

So yeah, end of rant. But Loss prevention is so annoying and crazy at times that its mind boggling.

I love this thread. It reminds me why I left that soul sucking company. I love independent pharmacy. Better pay, better hours and zero burecracy.

We are allowed to either circle or check the number. Either one is acceptable.

Not in my district.

Here is my understanding of what LP does:
Step 1-LP makes a set of rules and tries to get everyone to follow them.
Step 2-Once that has happened, they make up new rules on a random basis to justify their continued existence.
Step 3-Repeat.

Yup LP really sucks, but it makes me smile inside knowing that we have had 6 of them in the last 5 years I have been working at my store. We currently have at least 11 cameras in the pharmacy (that I know about) with absolutely no dead zones. All of my techs complain that they have no place they can safely pick their noses or scratch if the need arises. Oh and we also have these giant ceiling-mounted monitors that display to the customers what the register/dropoff cameras are recording, but when they were first installed they cycled through all of the cameras in the pharmacy including the CII safes...(so the customers would be able to determine the perfect time to rob us).

The audit sheet clearly says that a check mark or circle are both fine. They have let up on that particular rule.

But yeah LP is crazy. I had a pharmacist who failed because she brought a change of shoes into the pharmacy. A little odd perhaps but really, failing for wanting to change shoes in a 14 hour shift? Don't get me started on clear liquids and no lunch bags. And sweaters, OMG why do you expect me to freeze to death?!

Our employees are our greatest asset. But let's treat them all like criminals to make sure they know we don't trust them.

I can't believe I'm even asking this, but good grief I really don't know.

How do bathroom breaks work at CVS? There can't be any cameras in there...do you have to waive your hands and wrists around in front of a camera before you go to the bathroom to demonstrate you aren't carrying anything with you? I can't help but think of what blackjack dealers do prior to leaving their table.

How do bathroom breaks work at CVS? There can't be any cameras in there...do you have to waive your hands and wrists around in front of a camera before you go to the bathroom to demonstrate you aren't carrying anything with you? I can't help but think of what blackjack dealers do prior to leaving their table.

Take your labcoat off and go pee. That's it.

You have to pee in a cup and ask the store manager to smell it.

CVS is alot of things, but don't accuse them of things that they don't do. There's nothing wrong with going to the bathroom. No, you don't get frisked. I was being sarcastic when I said that.

Just take off your lab coat and go pee.

They started this lab coat nonsense about a year ago. They claim lab coats have pockets than can be used to divert drugs. You know what else has pockets? Dress shirts. And every type of pants imaginable. I don't get that particular rule at all. Makes no sense.

That being said, diverting drugs at CVS is SO EASY. I'm a PIC, and unless they're diverting bottles, you really cant catch anyone doing anything. If a tech takes a handful of tablets and stuffs it in her pocket, she won't ever get caught. There's just no way. Someone has to visually SEE YOU doing it, then has to report you, then you have to admit to doing it when LP interviews you.

Yeah, the BOH modification report exists, but what does that really do? If you see that you're -23 tablets on Alprazolam, what are you going to do? Interview the whole store?

That being said, diverting drugs at CVS is SO EASY. I'm a PIC, and unless they're diverting bottles, you really cant catch anyone doing anything. If a tech takes a handful of tablets and stuffs it in her pocket, she won't ever get caught. There's just no way. Someone has to visually SEE YOU doing it, then has to report you, then you have to admit to doing it when LP interviews you.

Yeah, the BOH modification report exists, but what does that really do? If you see that you're -23 tablets on Alprazolam, what are you going to do? Interview the whole store?

It is not about the person that steals 20 xanax once or twice, it is that people who are willing to do something like that will do it again and again, each time becoming more brave and brash because they did not get caught the last time. At some point they order 4 extra 500 count bottles and lift them, that is when they are busted.

The LP guy went nuclear on you because of personal belongings in the pharmacy. It's not out of his scope. It's very IN his scope.

That being said, he is a *****. Having a bad LP guy can ruin your god damn life. My LP manager is amazing. I bring sweaters to the pharmacy, he sees them, and doesn't say anything. Because he knows its ****ing winter and its cold, and that people get chilly and want to wear a sweater sometimes. Don't even get me started on that "anything but clear liquids rule." Holy ****. In early 2015 we got audited by an RLPM from another district because they were doing random audits on each other, and the bitch tried to tell me some **** like we can only bring CLEAR LIQUIDS into the pharmacy. Meaning she had a problem with me bringing my Dunkin Donuts cup of coffee into the store every day. **** that. If I'm working a long shift, I need my large coffee in the morning to get things going. She tried to justify it by saying they've caught people putting Promethazine-Codeine in cups, coffee cups and taking it home like that. She said If I was going to insist on bringing coffee, that I WOULD HAVE TO CALL MY FRONT STORE MANAGER AND HAVE HIM ****ING SMELL THE CUP TO MAKE SURE ITS COFFEE AND NOT A DRUG. Can you imagine how that conversation would go? "Hey Josh, need you to come to the pharmacy real quick. I'm heading home but Need you to smell my cup of coffee to make sure its actually coffee and not this drug called promethazine-codeine, which is red in color and smells really sweet and is sometimes diverted....erghhh you know what Josh, why dont you ****ing pat down my cock while you're doing that?"

MY LP manager rolled his eyes and said not to worry about her. These guys are like crooked police officers. They're on a power trip and they get erections (and wet vaginas) off of making hard working pharmacy team members sweat over nothing. It's so annoying and unnecessary that it makes my blood boil. They make us post posters of pharmacists in handcuffs, with threats all over them saying we will get caught if we steal, and go to jail, etc. There's no need for any of that. The company has high tech equipment that can tell when people are stealing based on the on hands and potential constant ordering.

So yeah, end of rant. But Loss prevention is so annoying and crazy at times that its mind boggling.

What do they do around Christmas time when we're opening wine bottles in the pharmacy?

I feel the same way. Having to make notes on the BOH reports is like..."OK, which valid reason have I not used in awhile? NDC change? Correcting miscount? Incorrect count entered, will fix today?" It's so stupid and pointless.

I actually think the new policy is more fair. Why should only the pic get written up when the staff pharmacist is they are the same amount of time?

Normally the superior is always punished more harshly because it is his responsibility and he has the authority. But with retail pharmacy being what it is, well

Don't even get me started on that "anything but clear liquids rule." Holy ****. In early 2015 we got audited by an RLPM from another district because they were doing random audits on each other, and the bitch tried to tell me some **** like we can only bring CLEAR LIQUIDS into the pharmacy. Meaning she had a problem with me bringing my Dunkin Donuts cup of coffee into the store every day. **** that. If I'm working a long shift, I need my large coffee in the morning to get things going. She tried to justify it by saying they've caught people putting Promethazine-Codeine in cups, coffee cups and taking it home like that. She said If I was going to insist on bringing coffee, that I WOULD HAVE TO CALL MY FRONT STORE MANAGER AND HAVE HIM ****ING SMELL THE CUP TO MAKE SURE ITS COFFEE AND NOT A DRUG. Can you imagine how that conversation would go?
These guys are like crooked police officers. They're on a power trip and they get erections (and wet vaginas) off of making hard working pharmacy team members sweat over nothing. It's so annoying and unnecessary that it makes my blood boil. They make us post posters of pharmacists in handcuffs, with threats all over them saying we will get caught if we steal, and go to jail, etc.

Hahahahahah

I knew just from rotating at a CVS that they was something very silly about their management. Just from the general vibe of notices and posters

Normally the superior is always punished more harshly because it is his responsibility and he has the authority. But with retail pharmacy being what it is, well
I agree with the principle of what you are saying but I literally never work with my partner. So if he fails an audit I think it is fair for him to get written up.

Just curious if anyone else has stupid policies in place... Our workplace is now banning cell phones inside the pharmacy. Doesn't matter that is where my favorite drug reference is... or that we work 12 hour shifts without breaks and occasionally like to check in with our families via text message... Is this commonplace now? or is it just us? I get the idea of not allowing sweatshirts and stuff, but seriously? I feel like we should be treated as professionals. I don't know of any physicians who are told they can't have their cell phone in pt care areas...

MyCrevice(TM) is being rolled out soon. Strip search training for all assistant managers and store managers.

Reactions: 2 users
that kind of BS would drive me crazy - I get the point of LP - but make it about legit stuff

What do they do around Christmas time when we're opening wine bottles in the pharmacy?
I worked for an independent during school - during inventory time he would bring in a couple cases of beer - we each usually had 5 down by the time we were done. I loved him..

Just curious if anyone else has stupid policies in place... Our workplace is now banning cell phones inside the pharmacy. Doesn't matter that is where my favorite drug reference is... or that we work 12 hour shifts without breaks and occasionally like to check in with our families via text message... Is this commonplace now? or is it just us? I get the idea of not allowing sweatshirts and stuff, but seriously? I feel like we should be treated as professionals. I don't know of any physicians who are told they can't have their cell phone in pt care areas...

Technically, target had this same rule. Only the pharmacy manager was allowed to have their cell phone on them, but no one ever followed it.