CVS MTM remote job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xpanicked

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
CVS MTM Pharmacist??

anyone heard of this role? It's a remote wfh gig doing MTMs. 8 hours a day, no weekends, no holidays. I used to work for CVS-core so i'm well aware of the bull**** they're capable of. This gig seems pretty legit though... so what are the dark sides.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually interviewed for this job. Had it not been for me getting a permanent gig where I’m at I would probably be there. The con I’ve heard it they track your mouse/keyboard so don’t stay inactive for too long. But it is much better than retail!

I actually interviewed for this job. Had it not been for me getting a permanent gig where I’m at I would probably be there. The con I’ve heard it they track your mouse/keyboard so don’t stay inactive for too long. But it is much better than retail!
Oh it’s you again! Any tips? What was the pay range? How did the interview go? What did they ask? Did it seem flexible at all (work location wise)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The con I’ve heard it they track your mouse/keyboard so don’t stay inactive for too long.
If this is true run away. I would never work at a place that doesn't trust their employees.

Reactions: 1 users
If this is true run away. I would never work at a place that doesn't trust their employees.
people are lazy and will try to get away with as much as they can. if you are on the clock and getting paid, why cant the employer make sure you're actually doing your job?

people are lazy and will try to get away with as much as they can. if you are on the clock and getting paid, why cant the employer make sure you're actually doing your job?
They can. I would choose an employer that doesn't.

Oh it’s you again! Any tips? What was the pay range? How did the interview go? What did they ask? Did it seem flexible at all (work location wise)
LOL. I remember the pay was mid 50s an hour. It was a fairly straightforward interview but I also do MTMs every day so it was just a matter of understanding their system and I had some very specific questions. They made me an offer but I declined. It seemed like it was flexible location wise but I gathered I had to stay within the state I was licensed in

LOL. I remember the pay was mid 50s an hour. It was a fairly straightforward interview but I also do MTMs every day so it was just a matter of understanding their system and I had some very specific questions. They made me an offer but I declined. It seemed like it was flexible location wise but I gathered I had to stay within the state I was licensed in
Thank you this is very helpful! I’m scheduled for a phone interview. While I hated every moment of working at CVS-core. I’d love to be able to work from home. Even if they track lol.
Did you ask about time off or requesting a break during the day?

Also did they explain if this is a new thing? I’ve never heard of the position when I worked at CVS. It’s a permanent job right?

Thank you this is very helpful! I’m scheduled for a phone interview. While I hated every moment of working at CVS-core. I’d love to be able to work from home. Even if they track lol.
Did you ask about time off or requesting a break during the day?

Also did they explain if this is a new thing? I’ve never heard of the position when I worked at CVS. It’s a permanent job right?
The way it was explained to me is that they are trying to build this department from scratch.

Sad but you have to do these things. Too many slackers in the pharmacy. Anyways if you aren’t planning on slacking off, why would you be afraid anyways?

If you are at work, then work.

You are describing most employers. I have to clock in and out even though I am salaried. That level of mistrust irks me everyday.

Reactions: 1 users
You are describing most employers. I have to clock in and out even though I am salaried. That level of mistrust irks me everyday.
people are inherently lazy and not to be trusted. people will try to get away with as much as they can...

Members don't see this ad :)
wait you have to clock in and out?

oh yeah btw my hours are getting cut from 40h/wk to 30h/wk. Brightspring is the gift that keeps on giving

wait you have to clock in and out?

oh yeah btw my hours are getting cut from 40h/wk to 30h/wk. Brightspring is the gift that keeps on giving
You DON’T have to clock in and out? So random how inconsistent our company is on basic things. Yes I have to clock in and out.

Sorry about your hours getting cut. The way our business keeps dropping I figure it is only a matter of time for me as well. Is 30 still full time for benefits purposes? *Not that our benefits are worth worrying about tbh*

You DON’T have to clock in and out? So random how inconsistent our company is on basic things. Yes I have to clock in and out.

Sorry about your hours getting cut. The way our business keeps dropping I figure it is only a matter of time for me as well. Is 30 still full time for benefits purposes? *Not that our benefits are worth worrying about tbh*
It doesn't surprise me at how disjointed our company is lol. The reduced hours is something I saw coming for a few months now so not a huge shock. IIRC 30 hours is the minimum to maintain full time benefits. Health insurance (albeit crappy) and PTO are the only two I care about right now. I actually wouldn't mind a severance package at this point bc with my tenure + accumulated PTO it would be a sizable amount!

I was salaried at retail CVS and we didn't clock in and out. It was a pain in the ass if you worked an extra shift because the scheduler always screwed you on the hours and you'd have to fight to correct it on your paycheck. Or your coworkers would be late and you wouldn't get paid the extra 10-20minutes that you work. So I'm happy to clock in and out at my current job.

If you're worried about them tracking your mouse and keyboard, why? Can't you just move it and type a few random keys every few min, I'm sure there are programs that do that.

If you're worried about them tracking your mouse and keyboard, why? Can't you just move it and type a few random keys every few min, I'm sure there are programs that do that.
That's bad advise. They would fire you if they think you are using third party to get around their tracking.

That's bad advise. They would fire you if they think you are using third party to get around their tracking.

I mean you could just not leave the computer and actually work while you're on the clock?

I mean you could just not leave the computer and actually work while you're on the clock?
Let's be real. No one does that. It's human nature to spend some time slacking.

The way it was explained to me is that they are trying to build this department from scratch.

I would take any pay cut to have a work-from-home job. I have been trying to obtain these sorts of MTM jobs and not having any luck. Thank you for sharing! What is CVS-core?

I would take any pay cut to have a work-from-home job. I have been trying to obtain these sorts of MTM jobs and not having any luck. Thank you for sharing! What is CVS-core?
I do MTM and drug information consulting remotely.

Keep your eyes on indeed for job openings. You may see some more start popping up this time of the year with medicare health plans trying to meet metrics.

Also, it may be helpful to complete the Powerpac MTM certificate course. It may feel like a waste of time but some of these employers prefer candidates who have completed a MTM certificate. The courses are easy.

Work from home has been great for my family, my mental health and physical health.

Keep your eyes on indeed for job openings. You may see some more start popping up this time of the year with medicare health plans trying to meet metrics.

Also, it may be helpful to complete the Powerpac MTM certificate course. It may feel like a waste of time but some of these employers prefer candidates who have completed a MTM certificate. The courses are easy.

Work from home has been great for my family, my mental health and physical health.
What company are you working for if you don’t mind me asking. You can also private message me it’s name. also is that certificate worth it? Can you get it online and from where?

Is there a way to setup LLC for this type of consulting?