CVS Request Calls Metric

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aviane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to CVS and I don't quite understand how we're measured on doctor calls in QR. If it goes red, is it possible to still get credit for that call? Sometimes the office asks us to fax it to a different number so I have to print it and fax it manually. What happens if we delete the request from the queue?

Members don't see this ad.

Red = no credit. Delete = no credit. Target is only 50% which is not as bad as some other metrics.

Techs can make the calls, depending on state law I am sure. Also faxing to a different number is fine because it is only measuring the phone call to the office. Just hit "W" after making the call (or "D" or "G" of course as appropriate).

You don't even need to wait for someone to answer if it is taking too long. Call, let the call go for a while (not sure if it is timed) then hit "W". Try again some other time.

What if it comes in as an eRX and you are not able to generate from it, does that also count? Most of the calls end with medical assistant voicemail or wrong clinic phone number so how is it possible to get 50%??

Members don't see this ad :)
What if it comes in as an eRX and you are not able to generate from it, does that also count? Most of the calls end with medical assistant voicemail or wrong clinic phone number so how is it possible to get 50%??

When an eRX comes in you have a chance to delete the request before typing it. Literally, the active requests pop up and it asks you to delete them if you should. Those do not count against you. The computer is not grading all requests in QR, only the ones that pop up in request calls in QV.

MA Voicemail = you get credit for the call. Wrong clinic phone number = you get credit. 50% = very very easy.

All the computer is looking for is a phone call to the number on file. As long as you call that number and hit W, D, or G, you get credit. The only hard part is managing your time to get it done (or delegating it to someone to do).

actually, it doesn't matter if the call gets red or not. They track to see if you did the phone call or not before promised time.

So based on this, if you called a different doctor or fax it, you don't get credit.

If the patient brings in a new rx and you generate it, you don't get the credit.

if the doctor sends over an eRX, and it is on your call list, you don't get the credit.

However if you call the doctor for another patient, you get the "credit". Its stupid... but yeah... that is why 40 to 50 percent calls is target. They take into account for above mentioned.

Reactions: 1 users
This is the dumbest way to practice pharmacy.

Reactions: 3 users
actually, it doesn't matter if the call gets red or not. They track to see if you did the phone call or not before promised time.

So based on this, if you called a different doctor or fax it, you don't get credit.

If the patient brings in a new rx and you generate it, you don't get the credit.

if the doctor sends over an eRX, and it is on your call list, you don't get the credit.

However if you call the doctor for another patient, you get the "credit". Its stupid... but yeah... that is why 40 to 50 percent calls is target. They take into account for above mentioned.
I agree it is stupid but just call the doctor for 10 seconds and then hang up. You get credit for it and you move on with your life.

Gotta play the metric game.

I thought going red means it's past the promised time. Also not sure that 10 seconds counts as enough time on the phone. But then you gotta call the patient too, what are you gonna tell them?

I thought going red means it's past the promised time. Also not sure that 10 seconds counts as enough time on the phone. But then you gotta call the patient too, what are you gonna tell them?

I tell them I reached out to the physician and did not hear back and suggest they call the physician themselves.

I did a rotation with a pharmacy supervisor. Really helps in knowing everything about the metrics. Some of the things can be manipulated to the point where you should get all the points. You get all the points if you just put W15 or less for waiters.

Also, you don't have to call on all of the action notes. You don't get knocked for using the "chose not to call" option and you can choose that when its a readyfill Rx or the patient is paying cash on a drug and they already know about it. Just use your discretion.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait wait wait.. give us some more tips on how to get points the easy way. What do you mean you get all the points by putting W15 or less, there's a metric for wait time?

Do you get credit for the request call if you choose not to call the patient after calling the doctor's office?

Wait wait wait.. give us some more tips on how to get points the easy way. What do you mean you get all the points by putting W15 or less, there's a metric for wait time?

Do you get credit for the request call if you choose not to call the patient after calling the doctor's office?

Are you kidding me you don't know there's a metric for wait time?

You get credit for the doctor call but you do not get credit for the patient call of course.

Yes, its under the WeCare part. WeCare is fully based on the system and I don't believe there is anything related to patient customer satisfaction to where they can call in and negatively impact your points.

On WeCare, its under properly meeting waiter expectations or something along those lines. i don't have the sheet in front of me. But you get all the points if you and your techs just put W15 (recommended) or lower which they shouldn't...they should just be putting W15. If they do that then you will get ALL the points.

What if you put something in as w15 and it turns orange. Does editing the wait time to another w15 give you the points?