Cvs rph splitting 3 days now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My pharm sup confirmed that my store hours are not changing - 8-10 Monday - Friday. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing.

Hilarious though! Everything is nationwide until it is not. I think that word is thrown around to get rid of arguments. For me, split shifting is reality (was told we are piloting). The rest is not.

Members don't see this ad.

^ aww that sucks. I was hoping to make some profit from your hard work

My sup told us again today that it's nationwide. Crazy.

We do have one store in the district keeping the 10 PM schedule because the Walgreens across the St is 10 PM. Wonder if that's the case for you as well.

Also said this has been piloted in the midwest for the last few months.

Members don't see this ad :)
My sup told us again today that it's nationwide. Crazy.

We do have one store in the district keeping the 10 PM schedule because the Walgreens across the St is 10 PM. Wonder if that's the case for you as well.

Also said this has been piloted in the midwest for the last few months.

Actually the Walgreens across the street from me is 24 hours. We used to be as well, but stopped maybe 3-4 years ago.

NO, CVS will not add additional tech hours. Are you kidding me? When was the last time they ever did that?

Do you remember when CVS went on a firing spree and fired a good amount of field management and consolidated districts maybe about 5 to 6 years ago? Everyone was saying that more tech hours would be given to stores because of the consolidation and the firing of expensive field employees. Did that ever happen? HELL NO!

Once CVS comes up with a formula for tech hours, that's it. There is never a situation where they will increase tech hours. This is one of the easiest ways for them to save money. They will cut tech hours first before RPh hours. When they start cutting RPh hours, never will they put back more tech hours.

Don't drink the Kool Aid. Think.

And all the CVS co*ksucke*s will start defending them now..
Trust me, I'm skeptical. However, you need to realize that everything comes in cycles. Corporate decision-makers progressively implement policies to improve profits until customer service is terrible. Then they improve customer service over time until profits hurt. Then they swing back and forth because they're too foolish to just find a happy medium. It's always feast or famine.

There is a (slim) chance that they will actually increase tech hours. It will probably only last 6 months, and then they'll cut hours slowly to boost profits for the end of the year and beat Wall Street's predictions. Or maybe they won't. Who knows? There's a new CEO since that "5 to 6 years ago" of which you spoke. Corporate personnel and culture have shifted. Not necessarily for the better, so we'll have to see how this plays out.

I'm not sure why you guys think cutting hours equal pure profit. I get quite a few scripts during that time and those patients will take the scripts elsewhere especially if they are ER scripts. It will also piss off some patients making them transfer. I would lower that pure profit of $60 to $10 with my store actually being negative.

I'm not sure why you guys think cutting hours equal pure profit. I get quite a few scripts during that time and those patients will take the scripts elsewhere especially if they are ER scripts. It will also piss off some patients making them transfer. I would lower that pure profit of $60 to $10 with my store actually being negative.
It all depends on what's nearby. If all competitors close at 9, and you're open till 10, that's good and you would probably get some of their business from time to time. If WAG is open until 10 and you're closing at 9 now, that will probably hurt you. But if everyone in the vicinity closes at 9, then I can't see customers leaving from that. Where else will they go? If they are a regular CVS customer and need the rx asap, they will most likely go to a 24 hour CVS. If both a CVS and WAG 24 hour store are some distance away, I would bet that the majority of customers would chose the chain that they are familiar with. I have had patients drive 20 miles to another store in our chain when something was OOS, bypassing dozens of competitors on the way.

Less time, more work. Obviously they can't get rid of the pharmacist so by closing an hour early, they are cutting pharmacist hours.

Those who don't think the saturation will affect them, here is another example.

Can they just cut your hours even when your contract states your base is 40 hours? Is this legal? Doesn't this violate some kind of labor law?

I got confirmation from my sup. Starting 3/1. RPh bases will have to be reconsidered...

Seems like they are going for Floater's bases. Don't know if this is affecting Staff pharmacists. Is any staff or even any other Floaters getting their base hours cut due to the store hours change?

The only paper I signed was an offer to sign on as a pharmacist when I was an intern. I do not recall an actual contract. So you will have hard time arguing that any labor law is broken.

Also, I expect all the bases to be adjusted down too. It is the main reason they are cutting down operating hours.

Tomorrow will be my first full day ending at 9pm. It was about time for them to change that closing time (CVS). We've been splitting our schedule for a while now because it worked for me and my partners. But the new hours are kind of hard to work with, so I ended having us slip all the days except the one day that I work full shift once a week. 3 rph 40/30/12 not easy to schedule around that. I am anxious to see how I feel about driving to work 10 days in a row. The drive is not bad at all but the gas bill will increase majorly. I think I am going to like being home for the kids homework ( one week I close two nights, the other week I close one night). Crossing my fingers. Is cvs going solo with this 9pm closing or has WAG been doing it already?

The only paper I signed was an offer to sign on as a pharmacist when I was an intern. I do not recall an actual contract. So you will have hard time arguing that any labor law is broken.

Also, I expect all the bases to be adjusted down too. It is the main reason they are cutting down operating hours.

Isn't offer and contract the same?
My offer letter states "full time, 40 hrs a week". That was the offer I accepted and got hired on. Can they just change that suddenly? I feel like the hours cut should affect part-timers and not full time employees. At least for part timers, they know hours are not guaranteed and can fluctuate based on need and they probably even have another full time job working elsewhere.

Isn't offer and contract the same?
My offer letter states "full time, 40 hrs a week". That was the offer I accepted and got hired on. Can they just change that suddenly? I feel like the hours cut should affect part-timers and not full time employees. At least for part timers, they know hours are not guaranteed and can fluctuate based on need and they probably even have another full time job working elsewhere.

Offer and contract are not the same. Your offer is what you will be paid IF you work 40 hours per week. You can divide it by 40 hours and 52 weeks to get your hourly rate. This is what you will actually be paid. If your offer said full time you will get at least 30 hours per week but are not guaranteed any more than that. You may have to float or work multiple short shift days in a row to get to the 30. All depends on your district, store, and RX sup.

I'm a floater and my hours weren't cut. Most staff pharms and PICs I spoke to had their base hours per week reduced by ~3-5.