CVS Student Intern Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxRx9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a phone interview wth CVS for their student pharmacist health intern. Can someone tell me how the interview is? What kind of questions they ask? What would my responsiblites be? Is it manageable with school? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

The phone interview should be the first step to see if they want to grant you an in-person interview. They would ask a lot of typical behavioral questions and why pharmacy, CVS.

Your responsibilities will be that of a technician while they train you to become a pharmacist for them and in terms of time it'll depend on you whether you can manage yourself.

I'm about to start as an intern hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Its all behavioral.
What would you do if you had a pt that didn't speak English?
What would you do if you had a tech that kept coming late/wouldn't do assigned tasks? Etc
I put all my answers in the context of prioritizing patient care when I interviewed a few years back.

Unless you're a psycho (and convey this on interview) you'll likely be hired. I wouldn't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I have a phone interview wth CVS for their student pharmacist health intern. Can someone tell me how the interview is? What kind of questions they ask? What would my responsiblites be? Is it manageable with school? Thanks in advance!
RUN

Cvs pharmacists are the bottom of the barrel from what I read on here, so what could they possibly expect from a student cvs pharmacist? Underneath the barrel...

Last edited:
Cvs pharmacists are the bottom of the barrel from what I read on here, so what could they possible expect for a student cvs pharmacist? Underneath the barrel...
Lol what about Walgreens pharmacists?

first it was pharmacist intern, then student pharmacist, and now student pharmacist health intern. what the freak! hahh.

if you want to do well on the interview, go volunteer at a local cvs on a weekend and ask the pharmacist to introduce you to cvs pharmacy. learn about workflow and metrics.

first it was pharmacist intern, then student pharmacist, and now student pharmacist health intern. what the freak! hahh.

if you want to do well on the interview, go volunteer at a local cvs on a weekend and ask the pharmacist to introduce you to cvs pharmacy. learn about workflow and metrics.

I don't think you can volunteer at CVS.

If you don't get it this time it's fine you can always reapply later during your P1 year once you have connections. I applied before school and I guess they only wanted experienced interns/techs that time around. I eventually got in 2nd semester due to newly acquired inside/outside connections.

Keep us updated if you get it! :woot: