CVS's new RxConnect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StallionRx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize their is another thread going, but I feel it deserves another.

For those that have converted how long would you say it took for your team to be back and running 100%? We converted 2 weeks ago and we have had nothing but problems. The system crashes daily and is riddled with so many bugs I am absolutely amazed that they would continue launching it.

We have been a store of excellence for over a year with a great staff. Lately its like working in hell. I walked in to see my partner last week and he was 20 pages behind! Literally.

Have any of you heard of CVS trying to remedy this problem with updates? Ive spoken to other pharmacists in the district and none of us are happy with this and our service is suffering.

The best way I can describe it to those that haven't worked on it is; Its like they released a beta version of a program and included one 8 MB stick of ram. Its slow as hell with a million problems that were not perfected.

Members don't see this ad.

I've worked for a friend in a store that had it and I agree, it is SLOW however it didn't ever crash for the eight hours I was there. I am not too impressed, but as much as CVS cares about employees, I can see why they're pushing forward.

I am currently working at CVS still on the old system-any pointers for tech? We get our system Nov 30th and our DM is going to be there for a SOLID WEEK ALL DAY :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently working at CVS still on the old system-any pointers for tech? We get our system Nov 30th and our DM is going to be there for a SOLID WEEK ALL DAY :(

Try and get some time in a store that has the new system running. Show up after work and just play around on it. Theres not much that can prepare you for the disaster that awaits your store. ;) J/K...sorta.

I'm trying to figure out... what is CVS's angle with this? It seems like a huge undertaking and kind of a step back so far from what I've heard, what is their sinister objective with this system versus whatever their old system was capable / not capable of? Does anyone familiar with Rx Connect know? After Wag's power, everyone in the in the profession should be a little gun-shy...

I've worked for a friend in a store that had it and I agree, it is SLOW however it didn't ever crash for the eight hours I was there. I am not too impressed, but as much as CVS cares about employees, I can see why they're pushing forward.

I realize their is another thread going, but I feel it deserves another.

For those that have converted how long would you say it took for your team to be back and running 100%? We converted 2 weeks ago and we have had nothing but problems. The system crashes daily and is riddled with so many bugs I am absolutely amazed that they would continue launching it.

We have been a store of excellence for over a year with a great staff. Lately its like working in hell. I walked in to see my partner last week and he was 20 pages behind! Literally.

Have any of you heard of CVS trying to remedy this problem with updates? Ive spoken to other pharmacists in the district and none of us are happy with this and our service is suffering.

The best way I can describe it to those that haven't worked on it is; Its like they released a beta version of a program and included one 8 MB stick of ram. Its slow as hell with a million problems that were not perfected.

Has it gotten any better at your store?? We converted couple weeks before you guys. It was such horrible timing, we got the Tamiflu compounding going on the 2 weeks when we first got RxConnect, and it was not pretty. Scripts turning red and everything, I would go in to work and my pharmacy manager told me everything he verified was past due. I think that went on for about a week or so, because we were doing more scripts than normal, and we only knew the basics. It took me about 3 weeks to feel reasonably comfortable without running into huge problems.

We actually didn't have server connection problem until the past few weeks, and I had to work OFFLINE only once :xf: I did find a problem the other day in one customer's profile causing 3rd party rejection and had to call Help Desk to get the software department to fix it. I can say we are running may be 90% now, there are still things that come up we have not seen before, but we are a lot better at it now. :thumbup:

Do you guys have pharmacists overlap? Are you still behind? Did you mean behind filling or verifying? Was it 20 pages in QP or QA screen? We always have about 5 pages in our queue constantly, which is about 75 scripts total in QA. We used to be able to clear our queue with RX2000, but now is a little harder because ReadyFill show up few more days ahead of time, but we do clear out our queues QA & QE during the week. QR is a different story though +pissed+ I think QR deserves a new Thread. If you are behind verifying and if you have overlap, may be one of you verify today's rx, and the other verify the past dues. Or if there is only one pharmacist, I would verify today's and whoever comes to pick up past dues, that way hopefully you won't get even more behind.

Let us know how you guys are doing :)

Good Luck :luck:

Last edited:
Things have improved from when I wrote that post, but still not to where they should be. We used to operate on 1 page and now throughout the day we are anywhere from 3-4 pages behind and sometimes as bad as 7-8 when things are left from the previous day. Things are always red, I just dont care about that anymore. Some stores in my district have needed extra help from floaters to just come in and clean the que out as I heard one store was 30 pages behind (QA).

My store has no overlap and morale is at an all time low. Everyone at my store has considered finding work somewhere else as the environment has become quite toxic and corporate is offering little support. The weekly crashes are pretty rough too. I can navigate the system pretty well, but I still find it slow and way too buggy to have made it to actual field use in its current form.

Overall im pretty disappointed in the company.

One thing I don't like about it is how you're gonna be held a lot more accountable for what you do.

This is a good thing. I hated more than anything when I found out someone made a mistake on a prescription and my initials had been put in. Now there is no way to put someone else's initials in when you don't want to be responsible for things.

If you're worried about being held accountable for what you do, then do it right.

This is a good thing. I hated more than anything when I found out someone made a mistake on a prescription and my initials had been put in. Now there is no way to put someone else's initials in when you don't want to be responsible for things.

If you're worried about being held accountable for what you do, then do it right.

Well I can't stand how the rebilling thing works. If someone fills a prescription today and its not eligible for insurance to cover it until Friday then I shouldn't have to relabel the bottle and whatnot.

Well I can't stand how the rebilling thing works. If someone fills a prescription today and its not eligible for insurance to cover it until Friday then I shouldn't have to relabel the bottle and whatnot.

Just schedule it for Friday and don't fill it today. Although you don't have to relabel the bottle.