D.O. vs foreign MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FoughtFyr said:
Wow, you sir, are an idiot. As an MD (trained at the University of Illinois, since it seems to matter to you) and as an emergency physician, you have no idea what you are talking about. Several of the recent national presidents (and quite a few of the state chapter presidents) of the American College of Emergency Physicians are DOs. I somehow doubt you can find many major emergency departments without DOs in the leadership. Quite opposite from "slick *******es", they are actually quite proficient physicians who would be more than capable of fixing any emergent problem you have. As for treating your mental ******ation, well unfortunately I think that ship has already sailed.

As for "foreign" medical graduates, I have had the pleasure of training alongside several fine physicians who trained outside the U.S., including the Chief Medical Officer for the Armed Forces of the Dominican Republic, an emergency physician who ran the European Community Humanity Organization (ECHO) medical relief effort in Bosnia, and two other "foreigners" in the states to train in emergency medicine in order to start formal EM training programs in their respective countries. They too would be more than able to assist you with any medical problems, but don't worry, your stupidity would still be yours alone.

- H

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

FoughtFyr said:
Wow, you sir, are an idiot. As an MD (trained at the University of Illinois, since it seems to matter to you) and as an emergency physician, you have no idea what you are talking about. Several of the recent national presidents (and quite a few of the state chapter presidents) of the American College of Emergency Physicians are DOs. I somehow doubt you can find many major emergency departments without DOs in the leadership. Quite opposite from "slick *******es", they are actually quite proficient physicians who would be more than capable of fixing any emergent problem you have. As for treating your mental ******ation, well unfortunately I think that ship has already sailed.

- H
True.

I've worked in an ER for the last two years. Half our docs are D.O.s and they know there stuff from A-to-Z. Top notch physicians in every way.

Anyone who says DO's are less of a doc than an MD are usually the same types who hate Fords with a passion but LOVE their Chevy!

That dork who posted that probably is a regular on SDN who created a bogus account so he could vent like a 2nd grader. And to him I'd say...trust me, even if you somehow get an MD, you'll still be an ignorant dork. :D GROUP HUG OK? :D

JohnnyOU said:
True.

I've worked in an ER for the last two years. Half our docs are D.O.s and they know there stuff from A-to-Z. Top notch physicians in every way.

Anyone who says DO's are less of a doc than an MD are usually the same types who hate Fords with a passion but LOVE their Chevy!

That dork who posted that probably is a regular on SDN who created a bogus account so he could vent like a 2nd grader. And to him I'd say...trust me, even if you somehow get an MD, you'll still be an ignorant dork. :D GROUP HUG OK? :D

This should be a lesson for DO's who think all M.D.'s are bad guys who are out to get you. People like JohnnyOU and Foughtfire are examples of M.D.'s who treat D.O.'s as their colleagues. They represent the majority of M.D.'s. I wouldn't have got my position if several M.D.'s didn't vouch for me at my program. There are always a few peoplewho are anti-D.O. but the vast majority don't look down upon D.O.'s. The anti-D.O. people tend to be older physicians and physicians who are generally pretty arrogant and elitist. Those same M.D.'s probably look down on their fellow M.D.'s in primary care positions. The new generation of U.S. M.D. grads don't care because they have much more exposure to D.O.'s and have had the experience working with many of us. We D.O.'s should remember these M.D.'s and thank them. It seems like D.O.'s make more of an issue of the D.O. status than M.D.'s at times.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the many egomaniacs on this thread who have absolutely no business being in a health profession, let alone being a doctor:

There are several high quality foreign MDs as there are several high quality DOs. If that concept is too hard for some of you to grasp, then I suggest some voluntary service (such as Doctors without Borders) to serve those that do not have access to healthcare that we take for granted. Maybe the humility will remind you a$$holes about the what the HIPPOCRATIC OATH is and what it means to be a doctor.

unbiasedopinion said:
Why are you guys arguing about something so stupid?

DO's and US students going to foreign medical schools are all MD rejects anyways. It's like two losers arguing about whether a Yugo is better than a Geo. They both suck.

I keep on hearing the argument that a person with a GPA of 3.8 and a 39S on the MCAT would not necessarily make a better doctor than a person with a 3.4 and a 25O. Please!!! Are you saying that the janitor at my school would make a good DO candidate then? The average person respects doctors (MD's) because they know the difficulty in becoming a doctor. It is more than just hard work. It is the combination of superb grades, high MCAT scores, and the ability to socialize that make real doctors (MD's). If you take away the good grades and the high MCAT scores, you end up with a car salesman.

When I am in the hospital for an emergency, I don't need some slick ******* trying to find out what is wrong with me. I want someone intelligent who can quickly identify the problem or improvise a solution to my problem.

If I wanted to gamble with my life, then I would go to a DO or a foreign medical student.

I guess I'm going to be a damned fine car salesman. damn, and all this time I thought I was training to be a secretary............dang it....those fricking med school admissions folk messed with my head. can i sue for this I wonder?

unbiasedopinion said:
When I am in the hospital for an emergency, I don't need some slick ******* trying to find out what is wrong with me. I want someone intelligent who can quickly identify the problem or improvise a solution to my problem.

At our DO school we're also taught to improvise solutions to emergencies! Last week we learned to cast a fracture using mud and duct tape.

This week we're learning how to defibrillate a patient using earphone wires and the wall outlet.

unbiasedopinion said:
Why are you guys arguing about something so stupid?

DO's and US students going to foreign medical schools are all MD rejects anyways. It's like two losers arguing about whether a Yugo is better than a Geo. They both suck.

I keep on hearing the argument that a person with a GPA of 3.8 and a 39S on the MCAT would not necessarily make a better doctor than a person with a 3.4 and a 25O. Please!!! Are you saying that the janitor at my school would make a good DO candidate then? The average person respects doctors (MD's) because they know the difficulty in becoming a doctor. It is more than just hard work. It is the combination of superb grades, high MCAT scores, and the ability to socialize that make real doctors (MD's). If you take away the good grades and the high MCAT scores, you end up with a car salesman.

If I wanted to gamble with my life, then I would go to a DO or a foreign medical student.

You are either an idiot or a troll, probably both. All US medical schools (DO or MD) use GPA and MCAT as a screening criteria for one simple reason: to predict if the applicant can withstand the rigors of the medical school cirriculum. However, once you start school, your GPA and MCAT reset to 0. Your residency application will be judged on your USMLE/Comlex score, your clinical grades and your LOR's, NOT on your undergrad GPA or MCAT.

Similarly, once you start residency, you will be judged on your performance in residency, not on where you attended medical school.

If you get sick, feel free to pick the MD with a 42 MCAT, 4.0 UGPA, who barely passed the USMLE and who was kicked out of 3 residencies for poor performance. I'll pick the DO with the 24 MCAT, 3.2 UGPA, 255 USMLE, and excellent clinical evaluations from MS-3 to fellowship. When you file your malpractice suit when your MD amputates the wrong the leg, don't forget to ask your lawyer if he got a 180 on the LSAT.

lexrageorge said:
You are either an idiot or a troll, probably both. All US medical schools (DO or MD) use GPA and MCAT as a screening criteria for one simple reason: to predict if the applicant can withstand the rigors of the medical school cirriculum. However, once you start school, your GPA and MCAT reset to 0. Your residency application will be judged on your USMLE/Comlex score, your clinical grades and your LOR's, NOT on your undergrad GPA or MCAT.

Similarly, once you start residency, you will be judged on your performance in residency, not on where you attended medical school.

If you get sick, feel free to pick the MD with a 42 MCAT, 4.0 UGPA, who barely passed the USMLE and who was kicked out of 3 residencies for poor performance. I'll pick the DO with the 24 MCAT, 3.2 UGPA, 255 USMLE, and excellent clinical evaluations from MS-3 to fellowship. When you file your malpractice suit when your MD amputates the wrong the leg, don't forget to ask your lawyer if he got a 180 on the LSAT.

What you seem to forget is that when you get into DO school, you are not competing against the best. In fact, all of your classmates are just average. Professors will devise tests in such a way that at least some of you out of the bunch of "AVERAGE" people will get A's. In highschool, you have the honors classes and the regular classes. What happens is that teachers often teach out of the same books in these different classes. Does that mean that you are covering the same amount of material? Does that mean that you are learning the same things? I think not. The level of comprehension and the expectations, however, are vastly different.

So although you are being taught the same things as real medical students, you may not be grasping as much. Tests will be easier to accomodate an inferior class. You can't argue that DO's and MD's are the same when the selection process is easier. In the real world, there is no such thing as "seperate but equal". DO's typically take the COMLex, a test in which they are competing against a group of "special" medical students. It means nothing when you do well on this test.

Why study for the MCAT when all it takes is to get a 24 to get into DO school? Someone with above average intelligence would have to try really hard to do that poorly. Maybe I am an idiot. I just can't understand how anyone can score a 24 on the MCAT. I just can't understand why any type of school would accept such poor students and trust them to save the lives of other human beings.

unbiasedopinion said:
What you seem to forget is that when you get into DO school, you are not competing against the best. In fact, all of your classmates are just average. Professors will devise tests in such a way that at least some of you out of the bunch of "AVERAGE" people will get A's. In highschool, you have the honors classes and the regular classes. What happens is that teachers often teach out of the same books in these different classes. Does that mean that you are covering the same amount of material? Does that mean that you are learning the same things? I think not. The level of comprehension and the expectations, however, are vastly different.

So although you are being taught the same things as real medical students, you may not be grasping as much. Tests will be easier to accomodate an inferior class. You can't argue that DO's and MD's are the same when the selection process is easier. In the real world, there is no such thing as "seperate but equal". DO's typically take the COMLex, a test in which they are competing against a group of "special" medical students. It means nothing when you do well on this test.

Why study for the MCAT when all it takes is to get a 24 to get into DO school? Someone with above average intelligence would have to try really hard to do that poorly. Maybe I am an idiot. I just can't understand how anyone can score a 24 on the MCAT. I just can't understand why any type of school would accept such poor students and trust them to save the lives of other human beings.

First off, there are plenty of people, like myself, who scored well above that....and second of all F you. Essentially you are saying that there is not one single DO in this country that is going to or is a better physician then you are............you are an idiot. We learn the same material and in fact have more hours of course work than you with OMM. I have a friend at SLU who has one test every month, while we have class 43 hours per week and have one test per week, sometimes two.

so the bottomline is you should grow the f*** up because we will be your colleagues in the near future.

Also, you are essentially saying that an "average" person, like us DO's (in your loving words), can't be great doctors, while THERE ARE great Physicians that ARE DOs.....And I don't think the so called "average" person can be a great doctor, so how the heck does that make us average?????? wtf are you talking about???

And it is truly people like yourself that should not be accepted in the medical world. As a physician you must be compassionate, cultured, and open-minded, qualities which you seem to lack severly. I am so sure your patients will love you with that arrogance.

HoodyHoo said:
so the bottomline is you should grow the f*** up because we will be your colleagues in the near future.

No you won't. Unbiasedopinion will never get into ANY medical school. It is very easy to say things like "I don't know how anyone can get a 24 on the MCAT" when you've never faced the exam. It is easy to believe the process "works" and identifies those applicants most likely to be good physicians when you haven't gone through it. But when you have, and you understand both the randomness of the admissions process and the impossibility of predicting, by any metric, who will succeed in medical school, you don't make the stupid comments he/she has made.

The reality is medical school, any medical school, MD or DO, is like trying to drink from a firehose. It is a sitaution you can not comprehend unless you've been there. It is a place where the smartest people look stupid daily, and continue to do so for four years. (BTW - Q: what is the definition of an M3? A: Someone who can get a 50/50 question wrong 90% of the time!)

Unbiasedopinion is not a medical student, or a physician. That much is obvious not only from his/her lack of understanding of the capacities of the DO, but also is evident in their gross overestimation of the ease of medical school admission even for the most qualified of applicants (to say nothing of their apparent belief that college GPA and MCAT matter at all after admission)!

Rest easy, any MD trained in the past decade understands and respects DOs.

- H

unbiasedopinion said:
What you seem to forget is that when you get into DO school, you are not competing against the best.

Really?!? What is the "best"? Adcoms throughout the country rejoice! Unbiasedopinion has finally solved the question of how to predict who'll be a good physician! Where can we e-mail you for the solution?

unbiasedopinion said:
In fact, all of your classmates are just average.

Wow, see right there, we know you aren't in medicine. You seem to think the "average" 20-something can actually complete the admissions paperwork for DO school.

unbiasedopinion said:
Professors will devise tests in such a way that at least some of you out of the bunch of "AVERAGE" people will get A's.

Most DOs who go to allopathic residencies take the USMLE which is not curved in any way. If the USMLE is not taken, then the COMLEX is, which is no easy exam either. These are, in fact, the only tests that matter - and they are not written by professors. Once again, simple facts you would know if you were actually in medicine.

unbiasedopinion said:
In highschool, you have the honors classes and the regular classes. What happens is that teachers often teach out of the same books in these different classes. Does that mean that you are covering the same amount of material? Does that mean that you are learning the same things? I think not.

Given that you are likely in high school, I will defer to your opinion on this.

unbiasedopinion said:
The level of comprehension and the expectations, however, are vastly different.

Again, I will defer to your experience as I have been out of high school for more than ten years. But you don't actually think medical school is ANYTHING like high school do you?

unbiasedopinion said:
So although you are being taught the same things as real medical students, you may not be grasping as much. Tests will be easier to accomodate an inferior class.

Aww, how cute. You really DO think medical school is like high school. :laugh:

unbiasedopinion said:
You can't argue that DO's and MD's are the same when the selection process is easier. In the real world, there is no such thing as "seperate but equal". DO's typically take the COMLex, a test in which they are competing against a group of "special" medical students. It means nothing when you do well on this test.

First of, many DO students take the USMLE. Literally 60+% by the latest figures I heard. But do you understand what these tests (COMLEX and USMLE) are? They are exams to obtain a license to practice medicine and surgery. My license, as an MD, is the same one that a DO has. Now, the Federation of State Medical Boards (http://www.fsmb.org/) has no interest in giving licenses to "special" doctors. The exams are equally tough, as they should be to protect the public. Nor do institutions like Mass General, Mayo, Johns Hopkins, or Stanford have intrests in having "special" doctors on their staffs, but all have DOs in their residency training programs and on their staffs.

unbiasedopinion said:
Why study for the MCAT when all it takes is to get a 24 to get into DO school? Someone with above average intelligence would have to try really hard to do that poorly.

Wait, now they have "above average intelligence"? Take the test, then talk. It is not as easy as you think. And there have been MD students admitted with scores of 24 by the way.

unbiasedopinion said:
Maybe I am an idiot.

No, just young and niave...

unbiasedopinion said:
I just can't understand how anyone can score a 24 on the MCAT.

Take it yourself and find out.

unbiasedopinion said:
I just can't understand why any type of school would accept such poor students

Yeah, a 24 MCAT and 3.45 GPA makes a "poor student". When you get to college you'll find that GPAs are a bit harder to maintain than you think.

unbiasedopinion said:
and trust them to save the lives of other human beings.

Well as a former firefighter/paramedic I can tell you that very few paramedic students have the kind of academic credentials that DO students have. Yet we do trust them to "save the lives of other human beings". And more than a few of those paramedics work under the medical direction of DOs! :eek:

- H

Unbiasedopinion is a pre-med. Only pre-meds talk like he does and I'm not offended by his speech. He sounds like your typical pre-med jacka$$. He will evolve like the rest of his kind.

Evolution of the Pre-Med Jacka$$

1.Dude is pre-med and thinks D.O. is inferior because entrance stats for osteopathic schools are lower. Is afraid he won't get patients because "the general public doesn't know what a D.O. is" Thinks all D.O.'s are family practice physicians and pediatricians.

2.Dude becomes MS3 and works with D.O.'s. D.O. student rescues MS3 in a pimp session. D.O student helps him with his clinical skills.

3.Dude begins to think D.O. isn't as stupid as he once thought

4. Dude sees D.O.'s on his interview trail and learns a D.O. is in the program he is interviewing at

5. Dude becomes resident and works under D.O. senior resident

6. Dude accepts D.O.'s and realizes there is no real distinction between the two

unbiasedopinion said:

You are wrong in a number of areas, except for the part of being an idiot. It may be true that the course "curve" may be less competitive in the basic sciences at a DO school than, say, Harvard. However, the SAME material is taught (same texts, etc.). In fact, in a couple of schools, DO's and MD's attend the same classes. Also, the curve for the clinical grades, which most agree are what REALLY count, is essentially the same. Many DO students do their clinicals under the supervision of MD's. Some rotations have both MD AND DO students. There is no pressure to curve the clinical grades; if the surgical director feels that noone deserves the A in the surgery rotation, then noone gets the A.

Many DO's take the USMLE as well as the COMLEX. Many of those who do so find the tests to be quite comparable in difficulty, breadth and depth of coverage, etc. Many who do well in COMLEX do well in the USMLE. Similarly, many who do poorly in one do poorly in both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys

Let's not allow this guy to string us along. It's obvious he was just trying to pi$$ off a lot of D.O.'s. That's why he created a new sign-on so that his regular name wouldn't be held responsible for the things he wrote. He has no intention of having a discussion. He is just like David Koresh or some other nutcase in that he just wanted to vent his rhetoric. Responding to his posts is not going to do anything. He will just keep repeating what he thinks without addressing anyone's points. And calling him names etc. just makes us look bad.

edited

I apologize for calling DO's average. I have taken the time to look up a 24 on the MCAT in it turns out that a 24 is below average.

That means a typical DO student beat 38.5 to 44.6 percent of the people taking the test. WOW!!! Great JOB guys!!! You guys really killed the MCAT didn't you???

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/table0405.pdf

Now that you have proven that you are top notch, let's just start a thread and bash the foreign medical students. HAHAHA!!! :p

FoughtFYR, what gave you the impression that being a paramedic is difficult? All you have to do is sign up for some classes at a community college. For your info, there aren't enough doctors to go on ambulances to treat people at the site of an accident. That's why we have paramedics. Their job is to stabilize a person until you can get them to the hospital where doctors are located.

unbiasedopinion said:
I apologize for calling DO's average. I have taken the time to look up a 24 on the MCAT in it turns out that a 24 is below average.

That means a typical DO student beat 38.5 to 44.6 percent of the people taking the test. WOW!!! Great JOB guys!!! You guys really killed the MCAT didn't you???

Now that you have proven that you are top notch, let's just start a thread and bash the foreign medical students. HAHAHA!!! :p

FoughtFYR, what gave you the impression that being a paramedic is difficult? All you have to do is sign up for some classes at a community college. For your info, there aren't enough doctors to go on ambulances to treat people at the site of an accident. That's why we have paramedics. Their job is to stabilize a person until you can get them to the hospital where doctors are located.

Sounds like somebody got rejected this application cycle...

DrIsh said:
Sounds like somebody got rejected this application cycle...

His comments are very immature, he is either a high school student or just started college, most likely he’ll never even make to medical school.

Wow. What a place this playground has become.

DOs are doctors. MDs are doctors. Foreign-trained doctors are still doctors.

There is a pro-DO guy on this thread who covertly and continually makes the assertion that premeds who have no chance in hell of getting into school in the US (allo or osteo) choose to go to a foreign school. Not true and I believe his background and motives speak for themself. Some students choose to go to an allopathic school over osteopathic, regardless of location. Just like, some students choose osteopathic over allopathic, not caring about 2 letters after the name.

DOs can be quality docs as can foreign-trained MDs. The jerks hiding behind a fake veil of intelligence need to quit with the subtle putdowns of the other party. The more I read of this thread, the more I understand why there are so many jerk doctors there are out there. Disgusting.

unbiasedopinion said:

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/images/concept_art/troll.jpg

{it always brings the osteopaths out of the woodwork. switching from chocolates to liquid crack. does it get any better?}

Holy sh**, STFU, all of you! Do you people have nothing better to worry about than validating/discrediting the professional status of DOs and foreign MDs? This thread, like every one of a similar topic that preceded it, has degraded from a discussion to a flaming clash of personal insecurities. No wonder it attracts so many trolls, ignorant dip**** premeds, and med school rejects. Before you criticize the people who want nothing more than to see you hurl insults like chimpanzees hurl feces at each other, try taking a look at the vitriolic BS you’ve been writing!

Dies Irae said:
Holy sh**, STFU, all of you! Do you people have nothing better to worry about than validating/discrediting the professional status of DOs and foreign MDs? This thread, like every one of a similar topic that preceded it, has degraded from a discussion to a flaming clash of personal insecurities. No wonder it attracts so many trolls, ignorant dip**** premeds, and med school rejects. Before you criticize the people who want nothing more than to see you hurl insults like chimpanzees hurl feces at each other, try taking a look at the vitriolic BS you’ve been writing!

Wow. Vitriolic. Niceee.. :)

Sorry for hijacking this thread!!! Now that we have thoroughly covered how DO schools are so much better than foreign medical schools, let's do a new comparison:

DO vs. MD
DO vs. DDS
DO vs. Pharmacy
DO vs. Optometry
DO vs. Podiatry

unbiasedopinion said:
DO vs. Optometry

What? How can you compare DO vs. Optometry ?!? Isn't a DO a Doctor of Optometry? Funny, very funny. It's like comparing MD vs. Physician.

Shinken said:
What? How can you compare DO vs. Optometry ?!? Isn't a DO a Doctor of Optometry? Funny, very funny. It's like comparing MD vs. Physician.

Sorry bro,

They are almost the same.

Optometry = OD

OD's and DO's have to do equally as well in college to get into their respective fields.

unbiasedopinion said:
I just can't understand how anyone can score a 24 on the MCAT. I just can't understand why any type of school would accept such poor students and trust them to save the lives of other human beings.

I can't understand why a school would take somebody with such a negative and judgmental attitude and train them to listen to the most intimate details of peoples lives.

You must not have much experience working with physicians (DO or MD) do you? I shadowed an internist (DO) at a large medical center and watched as he interacted with his colleagues (MD's) You would never know the difference. There's an osteopathic internal medicine residency at this hospital and all three of the residents who applied were accepted into fellowships. Two of them at Jackson Memorial in Miami. What the REAL doc's who have replied to this post have said should be taken to heart. In the old days there was ill feelings between DO's and MD's, but as new generations of physicians move up and old generations move on it's drastically changing. It really doesn't matter where you went to medical school, if you go into the hospital and you're an antagonistic jerk (it sounds like you are) a D.O. will get a choice residency spot over you. Plus, nobody will like you. It seems to me you need a fancy degree to supplement your insecure and fragile self image. But no matter what kind of grades or mcat scores you get...at the end of the day you're still stuck with yourself and we're stuck with your ignorant posts :D

iliacus said:
I can't understand why a school would take somebody with such a negative and judgmental attitude and train them to listen to the most intimate details of peoples lives.

You must not have much experience working with physicians (DO or MD) do you? I shadowed an internist (DO) at a large medical center and watched as he interacted with his colleagues (MD's) You would never know the difference. There's an osteopathic internal medicine residency at this hospital and all three of the residents who applied were accepted into fellowships. Two of them at Jackson Memorial in Miami. What the REAL doc's who have replied to this post have said should be taken to heart. In the old days there was ill feelings between DO's and MD's, but as new generations of physicians move up and old generations move on it's drastically changing. It really doesn't matter where you went to medical school, if you go into the hospital and you're an antagonistic jerk (it sounds like you are) a D.O. will get a choice residency spot over you. Plus, nobody will like you. It seems to me you need a fancy degree to supplement your insecure and fragile self image. But no matter what kind of grades or mcat scores you get...at the end of the day you're still stuck with yourself and we're stuck with your ignorant posts :D

You are truely a DO. You don't even understand how stupid someone must be to score a 24 on the MCAT.

A 24 means that more than 50% of the people taking the test beat you!! When you're in school and 50% of your fellow classmates do better than you, you get an F!!! No one who gets an F on the MCAT should be allowed to become a doctor.

Should someone who scores a 700 on the SAT be allowed to go to UCLA?

There are plenty of smart, caring, and social people that want to be doctors. Just because you have the desire to become a doctor does not mean you should qualify. Certain standards have to be set. We must select the best so that we do not jeopardize the lives of our patients.

Should the mentally ******ed be allowed to compete in the regular olympics?
Do we let unskilled people play in the NBA just because they have a passion for it?

I would not have a problem with DOs if they meet the same requirements as MDs. They DO NOT. DO schools have lower admissions standards.

Don't say that DOs and MDs are the same when the are NOT.

What did you get on the MCAT?

iliacus said:
What did you get on the MCAT?

What did you get? I certainly scored more than 10+ points above the average DO. Whatever I tell you I got, you are just going to out do me anyways.

unbiasedopinion said:

No, but they can definitely post their "unbiasedopinion" on SDN :D

iliacus said:
No, but they can definitely post their "unbiasedopinion" on SDN :D

Better yet, they can just become DOs. :p

unbiasedopinion said:
What did you get? I certainly scored more than 10+ points above the average DO. Whatever I tell you I got, you are just going to out do me anyways.

Well, I'm sure many of my classmates will out do you as well. But that's besides the point. Whatever strange ideas you have in your head and alternate universe you exist in...here's the truth.

I'll tell you. I'm going to be a doctor and I'd bet my last dollar from my last loan dispursment check you will not be. That's it and a nutshell. So rant and rave all you want and try to figure out what you'll be doing next year in between filling out applications.

unbiasedopinion said:
You are truely a DO. You don't even understand how stupid someone must be to score a 24 on the MCAT.

A 24 means that more than 50% of the people taking the test beat you!! When you're in school and 50% of your fellow classmates do better than you, you get an F!!! No one who gets an F on the MCAT should be allowed to become a doctor.

Should someone who scores a 700 on the SAT be allowed to go to UCLA?

There are plenty of smart, caring, and social people that want to be doctors. Just because you have the desire to become a doctor does not mean you should qualify. Certain standards have to be set. We must select the best so that we do not jeopardize the lives of our patients.

Do we let unskilled people play in the NBA just because they have a passion for it?

I would not have a problem with DOs if they meet the same requirements as MDs. They DO NOT. DO schools have lower admissions standards.

Don't say that DOs and MDs are the same when the are NOT.

Responding to this high school kid’s ignorant posts is pointless, ignore him.

iliacus said:
Well, I'm sure many of my classmates will out do you as well. But that's besides the point. Whatever strange ideas you have in your head and alternate universe you exist in...here's the truth.

I'll tell you. I'm going to be a doctor and I'd bet my last dollar from my last loan dispursment check you will not be. That's it and a nutshell. So rant and rave all you want and try to figure out what you'll be doing next year in between filling out applications.

Send me the money!!! Sorry to disappoint but I am in medical school, which means I will become a real doctor (MD).

I'll bet you my check that no one at your school outscored me.

dude this is becoming a lame pissing contest of a troll ... move along my friends. Move along ...

We all know ignorance when we see it. Please don't stupe to their levels. No matter what anyone says, here in America if you get a job, we all have the same rights. Don't ruffle your feathers. There are more exciting things to talk about! LIKE POLITICS! In the everyone forum! Oh wait, that's even worse than this ... fine ... continue ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.