Damn...that was quick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lonelobo

PAIN DOC
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
Impressive, but I'm sure his quality control and testing hasn't exactly met current standards....

My buddy used to work at Stryker. They spent 3 years and tens of millions of dollars on an updated version of their bariatric bed before deciding to shelve it instead of continue the design process and putting it into production. One month? That's a cell phone processor attached an air blower with some one-way valves.

A lot of the usual checks/balances are being skirted here, but necessity breeds innovative techniques that show why we may have needed those checks/balances.

Honestly though, there does seem to be a lot of dumb red tape.

Impressive, but I'm sure his quality control and testing hasn't exactly met current standards....

My buddy used to work at Stryker. They spent 3 years and tens of millions of dollars on an updated version of their bariatric bed before deciding to shelve it instead of continue the design process and putting it into production. One month? That's a cell phone processor attached an air blower with some one-way valves.

It's why America is losing its competitive advantage in world economy.