Dangerous to wait to register for NRMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knock0ut

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on the military HPSP scholarship and hoping to match military (we find out in December). I would like to save the $80 that I would waste on registering for the NRMP since I have a decent chance at getting a military spot (I know I'd have to pay $130 to register in December if I find out they are having me go civilian). Do you think program directors look to make sure an applicant is registered with the NRMP before deciding whether or not to invite them to an interview? I know our NRMP ID shows up in our personal info on ERAS, but I'm not sure if programs actually look at it. If not having my ID is endangering my receiving interviews, then I'll register in case I end up going civilian.

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the military HPSP scholarship and hoping to match military (we find out in December). I would like to save the $80 that I would waste on registering for the NRMP since I have a decent chance at getting a military spot (I know I'd have to pay $130 to register in December if I find out they are having me go civilian). Do you think program directors look to make sure an applicant is registered with the NRMP before deciding whether or not to invite them to an interview? I know our NRMP ID shows up in our personal info on ERAS, but I'm not sure if programs actually look at it. If not having my ID is endangering my receiving interviews, then I'll register in case I end up going civilian.

The only time they look is when they are ranking. It should not impact you getting interviews in the least.

Members don't see this ad :)