Dartmouth vs UVM vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abby_Normal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my last three interviews and due to attendance requirements this rotation, it looks like one of them may have to go. My question is: which one to drop? I doubt any of these will supplant one of my current top four choices, so we are talking about things floating around the middle of my rank list, probably. My plan was to cancel Tufts because, from what I can gather, it offers the least in terms of research. I was wondering if anyone has heard differently or has thoughts on which would be best for trajectory toward academic medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Having interviewed at all 3 this year I'd cancel tufts. Dartmouth has a lot of research with good mentoring and support as well as lots of fellowships in house. UVM has less research but a handful of big names and they were very excited about supporting my research interests and tailoring training. Uvm also puts you up in a nice hotel and Burlington is beautiful. Uvms program is small.

I was very impressed with UVM, but I'll second the small thing. When you only have four residents in a class, one illness or pregnancy can really hit the rest of you hard.