DAT achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyD0119

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought topscore but am wondering whether to buy DAT achiever or not...anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? also what about ACE the DAT i heard some really bad things about it...
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

SunnyD0119 said:
I bought topscore but am wondering whether to buy DAT achiever or not...anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? also what about ACE the DAT i heard some really bad things about it...
thanks

Did topscore help you at all? I am thinking about buying it to take as many tests as possible, my DAT is coming up real soon and I am so stressed out, I don't know what to do. I know all the stuff but i keep only getting average scores and normally I am a good test taker.. what is wrong with me?

Also, do you know of anywhere to get free DAT materials or any materials that you found extremely helpful?? Thanks

buy topscore for the PAT section. The other parts are just too damm hard and time consuming.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dental916 said:
buy topscore for the PAT section. The other parts are just too damm hard and time consuming.

i would say topscore PAT is too easy. the other sections aren't TOO hard, but they are slightly harder than the real thing.

ucizotzot said:
i would say topscore PAT is too easy. the other sections aren't TOO hard, but they are slightly harder than the real thing.

I agree. TopScore PAT is way too easy. PAT wasn't helpful at all.

Catfish said:
I agree. TopScore PAT is way too easy. PAT wasn't helpful at all.

But its 1000x better than Kaplan for PAT. Kaplan PAT section is way too easy.
Topscore helped me raise my PAT just based on the fact that their examples were pretty similar to the real thing. On the actual DAT, some of the figures will be fuzzy and disorienting....Kaplan's figures are almost too clear. I wish I had used Topscore previous to my 1st attempt. The PAT is meant to be difficult....a good score is around an 18-19 whereas a TS of 19-20 is considered "good" (more towards 20+). An overall score of around a 20/20/18 is what I would personally consider solid.

What bad things have you heard about acethedat? I feel like the harder the better if you ask me. There is no such thing as knowing too much for a test like the DAT. Challenging questions will stimulate you thinking about different things. I have heard about some type of outline for biology that is supposed to be good, anybody know the name? I think it starts with an "S."

ASU-devil said:
What bad things have you heard about acethedat? I feel like the harder the better if you ask me. There is no such thing as knowing too much for a test like the DAT. Challenging questions will stimulate you thinking about different things. I have heard about some type of outline for biology that is supposed to be good, anybody know the name? I think it starts with an "S."

Ace the DAT is bad because of the amount of errors it contains and also poorly worded questions it contains.

ASU-devil said:

Schaum's Outline...I used it for all three (orgo, gen chem, bio) when I studied as a sort of review when I wanted to skip some of the sections in the Kaplan book. Pretty good but not as thorough as Kaplan.

I think TopScore is too easy.

Dental916 said:

I should have clarified some. Like others have said....the PAT on Topscore is still easier than the real thing...but it is harder than kaplan's PAT. Kaplan's PAt is a piece of crap. Gives major false hopes.

Unless you have a lot of time( which I didn't)...I still believe Topscores other sections are too hard to be studying. You are better off studying kaplan's old tests, etc etc.

Is it a good idea to rely on the mcat examcrackres chem,orgchem,bio sections when studying for dat? i ask because i bought those books as i originally planned to take mcat, but now changed my mind... i was in the library and looked at kaplan's dat review book and i only noticed that the verbal section on dat has nothing in common with the verbal of mcat(besides being easier it also has a completely different style of questions). what about the sciences?

And is there a book like "10 real dat's" or something else similar that has official past dat exams??
thanks

I think Examkrackers bio is a great review, but it doesn't cover plants, classification, etc. But, what it does cover it does a much better job with than Kaplan IMO. I think their ochem book is good too, but once again it doesn't cover all the rxns we'll see on the DAT. Not sure about the gen chem...haven't read it yet.

Thanks.
So which book has the most accurate tests, i.e. the most like the real dat/pat?