DAT average score changing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sonny881994

I see many places say that the average score for DAT is around 17 but after reading through a few threads of people on here, i see that most of them get 20+ score or so. So i was wondering is there likely to be a change soon on what the average score will be as well as the kind of score that the school admission would see as competitive? What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I see many places say that the average score for DAT is around 17 but after reading through a few threads of people on here, i see that most of them get 20+ score or so. So i was wondering is there likely to be a change soon on what the average score will be as well as the kind of score that the school admission would see as competitive? What do you guys think?

Average score is still around 17.

The ones you see on SDN are a skewed sample. The ones who are proud of their scores and want to help others will take the time to write a breakdown.

Seriously, if you got a score of 12 AA, would you bother posting about which material you used?

According to my research I think it is 19...You must score 20 or higher to look competitive, But so many school statistics show that average accepted students had 19.

According to my research I think it is 19...You must score 20 or higher to look competitive, But so many school statistics show that average accepted students had 19.

You are confusing the national average with average DAT scores of people who got in. I am pretty sure the national average is still around 17, but like you correctly point out, that is now considered as a "Bad" score. 19 seems to be the average for most colleges so if you get a 19, you'll be "average". Its kinda like the national average for the SAT is 1500, but the average for accepted students would be quite a bit higher than that.

Like the post above yours said though, SDN threads are not representative of national averages since most people who post breakdowns did very well and want to help others out. As someone who was reading plenty of breakdowns while studying for the DAT, I never read them with a desire to do "better" than them or equal their scores. I just used their breakdown to see what I would do to prepare for my test and tried my best. So OP don't feel any pressure or think everyone gets a 21+.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious about the average. I am wondering if 17 is more of a median than an average. I have a hard time believing that for every 19 on the test someone gets a 15 and for every 21 someone gets a 13 etc. Maybe the do, I just haven't ever met or heard of anyone that got less than a 15 on the DAT.

SDN makes up a very small portion of all of the people who take the DAT..

Even if everyone on this site made a 21 it still wouldn't raise the average from a 17 very much

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=898305

Curious about the average. I am wondering if 17 is more of a median than an average. I have a hard time believing that for every 19 on the test someone gets a 15 and for every 21 someone gets a 13 etc. Maybe the do, I just haven't ever met or heard of anyone that got less than a 15 on the DAT.

But than it is hard to imagine anyone meeting even a small portion of the roughly 10k that take the DAT each year and in your case, none of the ~18% whose AA score is at 15 and below. Where's that Bell curve when you need it?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=898305

But than it is hard to imagine anyone meeting even a small portion of the roughly 10k that take the DAT each year and in your case, none of the ~18% whose AA score is at 15 and below. Where's that Bell curve when you need it?

Is there a link that you have that shows 18% of test takers score 15AA or lower?

Is it a fact the DAT has normal distribution i.e. a bell curve?

Trying to learn, not argue.