DAT bootcamp perceptual abilities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago_predental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! My exam is this upcoming Wednesday, and I am still struggling with perceptual abilities, Particularly cube counting and angle ranking. I took two practice exams on DAT bootcamp and got a 17 and 18. Im not sure how the real exam is in comparison, but any advice/tips you guys have on these two sections is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to keep practicing and soon you will pick up the skill for cube counting quite easily. Be sure you're making those tally charts for cube counting. For angle ranking, I would lean away from the computer and that helped me, but that was probably one of my worst sections. Regardless, try watching Joel's PAT Academy again. GL!

You have to keep practicing and soon you will pick up the skill for cube counting quite easily. Be sure you're making those tally charts for cube counting. For angle ranking, I would lean away from the computer and that helped me, but that was probably one of my worst sections. Regardless, try watching Joel's PAT Academy again. GL!
Thank you!! So far, my biggest issue with cube counting is making sure I've accounted for all the cubes theres always that one cube I miss

I would watch Joel's cube counting videos. He discusses a few great strategies, one of which has been working for me. I start with the front cube(s), moving left to right, and then back, row by row. Once I'm done with the bottom row, I move up to the next row and do the same thing again until all of the cubes are counted. That way you hopefully won't skip any by accident.

Again, I'd watch Joel's videos if you haven't already. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user