DAT Breakdown 3/3/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkendal2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First, I would like to thank God and my family for supporting me on this journey. I want to thank SDN for the endless breakdowns and help you have all provided these past few months. Special thanks to Glimmer and DentalWorks!

Well here it goes!

Scores:
PAT: 24
QR: 18
RC: 21
BIO: 21
GC: 22
OC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 20

Study Materials:
Chad's Videos
- As SDN says, Chad is the man! I wouldn't have been able to pull off my scores without him. I watched the videos, took extensive notes, and did his quizzes twice. I looked over my notes everyday and rewatched videos on concepts I didn't understand.
Cliff's AP - I read through this once, learning the material and taking notes. Closer to the DAT, I skimmed chapters just to make sure I covered the basics.
Crack DAT PAT - This is great practice! I bought the 10 test version but only used 5. I was in a drafting class in high school, so I had a good handle on this before the test. It was nice for a refresher.
Math/ DAT Destroyer - I went over these twice. They are great practice. Definitely go through the bio section. There were questions on the test pulled right out of this book.
Bootcamp - This is by far one of the best representations of the DAT. Utilize this with the Question of the Day to keep your mind sharp!
Bio Qvault- This was extremely tough and knocked my confidence down a few levels but a good learning tool.
Ferallis' Notes- These are amazing! I went over these notes 3+ times. I truly believe if you know these, you'll be fine on the bio section.
ADA DAT 2009 - My scores on this were 16s and 17s. I had a mental breakdown after this and thought I was going to fail. It kicked my butt into gear to work harder than ever.

I began studying 1/1/14 and took the DAT 3/3/14. I followed Dentalworks 8 week schedule for the first 6 weeks and then did my own thing. I took only one or two days off. I'm a crazy person and studied from the time I woke up until I went to bed. However, I do not recommend this. It wears you down extremely quick.

Test Day:
I had to travel an hour and a half to the nearest testing center. I decided to get a hotel since my test was early in the morning. Do whatever you can to relax. I had a jacuzzi in my room to relax a bit and brought my fiance along. He quizzed me and provided constant support. Eat a good breakfast. Your nerves will be out of control, but try to stay calm. You can do it!

I arrived at the test center an hour early and I started the test about ten minutes after I arrived. Prayed a prayer and clicked go!

Bio: I was lucky. Most of my questions were simple fact questions. No plant questions, no anatomy questions. The questions that I didn't know I tried to make an educated guess. I marked so many questions but I think that was due to nerves.
GC: These questions were relatively straight forward. Nothing out of the ordinary. Only one acid/base question.
OC: I thought I was going to fail this section. There was questions on here I had never seen before. I tried to make the most educated guess.
PAT: Keyholes were tough, but doable. TFE was easier than anything I had seen on any practice test. Hole punching was equivalent to Crack PAT. Angle Ranking was exactly like bootcamp, maybe a bit easier. Cubes were simple. Nothing crazy. I did go back through the cube counting and changed a good many because I thought I missed some cubes.
RC: I got interesting topics but I just utilized search and destroy.
QR: Wow. This section is crazy. It is a race against time and I lost. I thought I would have plenty of time. I had three minutes left with three questions to go. I figured them out as quick as I could and went back over ones I had marked/skipped. I thought I would get a 16 on this section.

When I received my scores, I slid down in my seat. I decided halfway through I would be okay with a 19AA, but was hoping for a 20+ AA. I got in the car and started crying. I can't even explain the emotion and stress relief that comes when you see your scores. Each and every one of you can achieve your dreams. Just work hard put in the time and you will do great!

In case anyone is wondering, my oGPA, sGPA, and BCP are all approximately 3.75.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck to you all and don't give up!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking my DAT on March 31st! Thank you so much for your break down. I think an AA of 20 is fantastic! I've been studying for the past two months and I cant seem to break 16/17s on the practice section tests except for the RC section where I am around 19/20. I have been using Chad's videos, DAT and Math Destroyer, BootCamp, and CrackDat. I am studying at least 8+ hours for these upcoming two/three weeks so hopefully I start seeing improvement. Thanks again and good luck with applications!

Members don't see this ad :)
Solid and super consistent scores. Congrats! With your GPA, you certainly have a winning combo. :)

Congrats and nice job! Is there anyway you could attach a link for Dentalworks study schedule and what are ferralis notes? I have not heard of that. Thank you and and congratulation again :)

Hi all,

First, I would like to thank God and my family for supporting me on this journey. I want to thank SDN for the endless breakdowns and help you have all provided these past few months. Special thanks to Glimmer and DentalWorks!

Well here it goes!

Scores:
PAT: 24
QR: 18
RC: 21
BIO: 21
GC: 22
OC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 20

Study Materials:
Chad's Videos
- As SDN says, Chad is the man! I wouldn't have been able to pull off my scores without him. I watched the videos, took extensive notes, and did his quizzes twice. I looked over my notes everyday and rewatched videos on concepts I didn't understand.
Cliff's AP - I read through this once, learning the material and taking notes. Closer to the DAT, I skimmed chapters just to make sure I covered the basics.
Crack DAT PAT - This is great practice! I bought the 10 test version but only used 5. I was in a drafting class in high school, so I had a good handle on this before the test. It was nice for a refresher.
Math/ DAT Destroyer - I went over these twice. They are great practice. Definitely go through the bio section. There were questions on the test pulled right out of this book.
Bootcamp - This is by far one of the best representations of the DAT. Utilize this with the Question of the Day to keep your mind sharp!
Bio Qvault- This was extremely tough and knocked my confidence down a few levels but a good learning tool.
Ferallis' Notes- These are amazing! I went over these notes 3+ times. I truly believe if you know these, you'll be fine on the bio section.
ADA DAT 2009 - My scores on this were 16s and 17s. I had a mental breakdown after this and thought I was going to fail. It kicked my butt into gear to work harder than ever.

I began studying 1/1/14 and took the DAT 3/3/14. I followed Dentalworks 8 week schedule for the first 6 weeks and then did my own thing. I took only one or two days off. I'm a crazy person and studied from the time I woke up until I went to bed. However, I do not recommend this. It wears you down extremely quick.

Test Day:
I had to travel an hour and a half to the nearest testing center. I decided to get a hotel since my test was early in the morning. Do whatever you can to relax. I had a jacuzzi in my room to relax a bit and brought my fiance along. He quizzed me and provided constant support. Eat a good breakfast. Your nerves will be out of control, but try to stay calm. You can do it!

I arrived at the test center an hour early and I started the test about ten minutes after I arrived. Prayed a prayer and clicked go!

Bio: I was lucky. Most of my questions were simple fact questions. No plant questions, no anatomy questions. The questions that I didn't know I tried to make an educated guess. I marked so many questions but I think that was due to nerves.
GC: These questions were relatively straight forward. Nothing out of the ordinary. Only one acid/base question.
OC: I thought I was going to fail this section. There was questions on here I had never seen before. I tried to make the most educated guess.
PAT: Keyholes were tough, but doable. TFE was easier than anything I had seen on any practice test. Hole punching was equivalent to Crack PAT. Angle Ranking was exactly like bootcamp, maybe a bit easier. Cubes were simple. Nothing crazy. I did go back through the cube counting and changed a good many because I thought I missed some cubes.
RC: I got interesting topics but I just utilized search and destroy.
QR: Wow. This section is crazy. It is a race against time and I lost. I thought I would have plenty of time. I had three minutes left with three questions to go. I figured them out as quick as I could and went back over ones I had marked/skipped. I thought I would get a 16 on this section.

When I received my scores, I slid down in my seat. I decided halfway through I would be okay with a 19AA, but was hoping for a 20+ AA. I got in the car and started crying. I can't even explain the emotion and stress relief that comes when you see your scores. Each and every one of you can achieve your dreams. Just work hard put in the time and you will do great!

In case anyone is wondering, my oGPA, sGPA, and BCP are all approximately 3.75.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck to you all and don't give up!!

The study schedule is a sticky at top of page. Feralis notes are found here http://datbootcamp. com/feralis-biology-notes/ Just eliminate space before .com