DAT BreakDown 8/13/12 (AA: 23, 99.7%)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bangity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't even know where to start. I have prepared for at least 3 months on and off. I am just going to post my scores here. I aimed for a 21 overall, but actually my inner self wanted a 24. I was really upset about the RC, QR and the PAT.

DAT%20Score.jpg

In case they don't show up.
PAT: 22 (93.8) :(
QR: 20 (95.1) :(
RC: 18 (52.2) :mad:
Bio: 21 (95.5)
GC: 29 (99.9)
OC: 25 (98.4)
TS: 23 (99.3)
AA: 23 (99.7)
===================================
Here are my scores for practice tests:

GPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.85

CDP: 22/22/22/21/25/25/22/23/24/26 Avg: 23.2 vs 22

QVault Scores:
BIO: 22/20/18/20/20/19/21/21/19/20 Avg: 20 vs. 21
GChem: 24/21/24/24/26/22/21/22/26/29 Avg: 23.9 vs. 29
OChem: 26/26/26/22/22/26/20/26/19/21 Avg: 23.4 vs. 25
RC: 21/22 Avg: 21.5 vs. 18 (terrible)

TopScore: 21/*/* I don't even want to go through another round of this anymore.

Bio: I used mostly Bangity (mine)'s anki flashcards. It basically contains all Cliff, Barron, Destroyers, and Wikipedia. I knew all the questions but I couldn't remember them all because I went through all the flashcards (300) or more of them the day before the exam and the morning of the exam. All of them account for at least 100 pages of notes. 2 questions were exactly from destroyer. The genetic question was so simple I couldn't believe it.
Oh yeah, is cytokinesis have to do with actin-myosin or microtubules and Hormones affect certain cells/all cells/ or endocrine glands?

GChem: Chad, Destroyer (3.5x), Kaplan. Kaplan was to get me started and then I watched Chad twice. I did destroyer so many times that I wouldn't forget a thing. The last week when I did destroyer for the 3rd time. I did all 276 questions in 5 hours. I believe if you mastered Chad, you could get a perfect score.

OChem: Chad, Destroyer (3.5x), Google. I still don't know the questions I missed. Ithought I would do very well in this section. The questions were even simpler than Chad's quizzes.
==================================
I finished the 100th question and looked at the clock. I still had 30 minutes left :eek:

QR: Math Destroyer (13 tests). I was killed by math destroyer they first time I did it. I went through it the 2nd time and marked the questions I didn't know and did them for the 3rd time. I was really worried about probability questions since destroyer had some really hard one. The real one had even harder p-value questions than Math Destroyer. All the other questions were either on par or even harder than math destroyer. I couldn't believe I ran out of time and had to guess on 4 questions.

RC: Topscore once, and datQVault. After the did the 3 practice exams for QR, I was like heck I don't even have to practice this anymore even though I was so worried due to English being my 3rd language. I can read okay (~400wpm). I applied Search and Destroy for this section and everything went great. However, the real exam come. I received 3 passages all about genetics. The 1st and 2nd had to do with biological aging and i forgot the other. The 3rd was about telomerase. Heck, I usually answered 15 questions by the 15 minutes mark. But the 1st passage, I spend an entire 25 minutes for 15 questions. I looked at the time and I knew I was screwed. The same thing happened for the 2nd passage, I could not find the answer in the passage. Almost 30 of the questions were interpretation questions where I have to understand what they are saying to answer. The 3rd passage was a life saver. They asked about telomerase, I didn't even read the passage and answered 2/3 of the questions of this passage. SD failed for me. I was unlucky.

PAT: I swear that after I got a 26 on CDP #10 which had like 4 illusions, I would kill the real PAT. However, it was the complete opposite. Most of the questions were proportions. The hole punch was terrible, I even thought they made a mistake. There were folding of 3 instead of 4. I had never seen anything like this in my life. Angles were much easier than CDP but 2 questions were the same kind. Pattern folding, as long as you master 10 tests of CDP, pattern folding is going to be cake. TFE was hard, it was so hard I couldn't even image the 3D shape in my head.

I recommend doing Chad's quizzes 3 days before your exams. This is the best way to retain the knowledge. I did destroyers so many times but 1 week before the exam, I started to forget the material. Chad's quizzes did a great job in refreshing them.

Thank you everyone for your support!!! I have to finish my PS today so my professors can start to write me LRs.

I again really believe Luck plays at least 30% chance of getting your desired score. If RC was SD, PAT was like CDP, and QR was not like Math destroyer, I would at least achieve the score I wanted. Oh well, it is over. I am going on a cruise this weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Great work Bangity... Ive been waiting for your breakdown...
You will be more than fine for any schools you will be applying to...
How were the bio as far as were there any wtf questions?

Nope, there wasn't any wtf questions. If you understand the concept, the chances of answering the question would increase greatly.

Nope, there wasn't any wtf questions. If you understand the concept, the chances of answering the question would increase greatly.

congrats on your scores, although its not what you aimed for its good enough for your goal: getting into dental school!

for the question you asked for the hormones is the answer certain cells?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice scores dude(or gal if you're a girl)! I remember printing out all your notes but never had time to go through them. But thanks anyways:thumbup:

As far as RC goes I am in the same shoes as you, we also have similar stats in terms of DAT and GPA if that makes you feel any better.

Here an advice a recent dental graduate gave me: Just think of the whole application process like a cake baking contest:

Bottom layer of cake: DAT
Top layer of cake: GPA
Icing: EC, LORs, etc.
Presentation: Interview
Judges: Adcoms
Prize: Acceptance

Awesome cake+Awesome Presentation=Awesome Acceptance

Good luck in this cycle!

Nice scores dude(or gal if you're a girl)! I remember printing out all your notes but never had time to go through them. But thanks anyways:thumbup:

As far as RC goes I am in the same shoes as you, we also have similar stats in terms of DAT and GPA if that makes you feel any better.

Here an advice a recent dental graduate gave me: Just think of the whole application process like a cake baking contest:

Bottom layer of cake: DAT
Top layer of cake: GPA
Icing: EC, LORs, etc.
Presentation: Interview
Judges: Adcoms
Prize: Acceptance

Awesome cake+Awesome Presentation=Awesome Acceptance

Good luck in this cycle!

haha, that's a nice way to put it. So I guess my cake doesn't have the necessary icing yet!!

haha, that's a nice way to put it. So I guess my cake doesn't have the necessary icing yet!!

Don't worry you're not alone I'm giving them a brownie, lol. I think we can all agree that more cake is better than icing!

All this 'baked goods' talk is making me hungry. Haha

But on a serious note, congrats, Bangity!! I've been waiting for your breakdown. I knew you would do well! I used your notes here and there to review over certain concepts, so thank you for that! It was greatly appreciated. ( :

I really want to THANK YOU for your notes...! They are awesome..!

I find your score is excellent...so don't stress out! It's really GOOD !

btw...did u use Achiever? Do you think it's necessary?

I dont' understand why didn't you continue to use Topscore?

I really want to THANK YOU for your notes...! They are awesome..!

I find your score is excellent...so don't stress out! It's really GOOD !

btw...did u use Achiever? Do you think it's necessary?

I dont' understand why didn't you continue to use Topscore?

Achiever was not necessary. Topscore was useless for me after I did chad twice and destroyer 3 times. There wasn't a calculator for the QR and the format is so different from the real one. The real one looked like CDP setting but it is even nicer. Google is the best for clearing up any misconception.

And you are all welcome. I am happy my notes helped you guys :D

Because i usually scored a 26 on the last test of cdp which is the hardest of them all with 10 minutes left.

Awesome scores! Great job! Even the scores you put sad faces next to are sick. You will be fine. Have fun on cruise, wish that was me!

Because i usually scored a 26 on the last test of cdp which is the hardest of them all with 10 minutes left.

I scored a 23 on Achiever's Ochem....Let me say that again: I SCORED A 23 ON ACHIEVER'S O-CHEM on my first run through in test 1. I got a 22 on the real thing...So I totally feel your pain!

Still, you killed the exam and have a super solid GPA. Congrats in advance for the acceptances you'll surely rack up.

Yeah, that happened to me too! I got a 22. I was getting 25's on the last couple of CDP's so I thought I would blow the real PAT out of the water. Not sure what happened there bc I felt like the real DAT was never outrageously harder than CDP... Except angles. I was too accustomed to nice, clear CDP images, I guess. :/

Outstanding job. Your hard work really paid off. You are definitely in. Congrats.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I can't believe I got 4 RL in 3 days. I already submitted my app but it is going to take awhile.