DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys,

My test is scheduled for DEC 11th. I'm super nervous and feel completely unprepared. Right now I'm still reviewing using Chad's Videos. I plan on finishing my review in a week. I was going to follow up with DAT Bootcamp, but I've read a lot about the DAT Destroyer.

I don't have much time left until DEC 11th. Do you think it is worth the $167 to get the DAT Destroyer even though I'm short on time. Or is DAT Bootcamp and 2015 Kaplan book good enough for the practice?

I really don't have much money so it will be a struggle to find $167, but if necessary then I'll do it.

Members don't see this ad.

The destroyer is crucial IMO. The orgo questions prepare you really well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

My test is scheduled for DEC 11th. I'm super nervous and feel completely unprepared. Right now I'm still reviewing using Chad's Videos. I plan on finishing my review in a week. I was going to follow up with DAT Bootcamp, but I've read a lot about the DAT Destroyer.

I don't have much time left until DEC 11th. Do you think it is worth the $167 to get the DAT Destroyer even though I'm short on time. Or is DAT Bootcamp and 2015 Kaplan book good enough for the practice?

I really don't have much money so it will be a struggle to find $167, but if necessary then I'll do it.
It really helped me. Are you at a university with a pre-dental club? If so, maybe someone there will let you borrow their copy. Even if it's an older edition, it should definitely help you! I didn't buy bootcamp (just used the free test) but I did buy Destroyer and I did well. Also, if you haven't already bought the Kaplan book, don't buy it because your local library likely has it.

Hmmm. Well I still have at least a week until I finish reviewing. Leaving me with only 2-3 weeks with the Destroyer. Do you guys think that's enough time with it?

I went through the whole thing once and some parts twice. Really depends on your background. 2-3 is definitely better than 0 weeks!

How long did it take you to go through? If I order it now, I'll get it in 5-7 days.

How long did it take you to go through? If I order it now, I'll get it in 5-7 days.
Ahh can't remember. I think maybe a week and a half? Just divide each section by 10 and do that many questions from each per day.

Just do a hundred practice questions out of it a day it helps! I didn't finish it but it's so helpful

Bootcamp is what helped me. I had the destroyers and really didn't use them.

Reactions: 4 users
I say destroyer is a must. I just bought old versions on ebay and they worked fine for me.

I am interested. Do you have both? I've already PM you.

Chad's + Bootcamp > Destroyer for such short-term studying, in my opinion

Reactions: 1 users
If you feel that unprepared, push the deadline back. And get the Destroyer. It's worth its weight in gold.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought destroyer was overkill. Bootcamp was more accurate to the test's difficulty I thought. But depends on studying strategy I guess.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys,

Destroyer is a requirement, I wouldnt have done as well as I did without it. If you need more time postpone it. Dont know why you set it up so close to finals. Postpone it towards the end of winter break that way you have a ton of time to study and master the materials.

Bootcamp is literally amazing. I used Destroyer 2013 for Biology and Math only (RELIGIOUSLY)!