Dat Done 1/24/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkhavis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is actually my first post, and just wanted to give a huge shoutout to all of you, because the first step to success for the DAT is support. Hope to help out someone out there just like I was a month ago, mulling over the possibility of scoring not so hot, retaking blah blah.........

A little about me:
Im a non-science major (pursuing a BBA)
I studied for a month only (hibernated is more like it)
I haven't taken the second half of my Introductory Bio (bio 2)

Materials Used: Chad, qVault, DAT Bootcamp, Full Destroyer Package, Ferali's Notes, Kaplan AP Bio, Youtube :)

Breakdown:

Pat 22
Qr 21
Rc 20
Bio 22
Gc 22
Oc 20
Ts 21
AA 21

Pat

Bootcamp!!!!!!I was rolling through without a hitch, wish I could have done more angles because honestly it feels like i missed only those. everything else was a breeze compared to Bootcamp, it really prepares you for it.
Qr

Bootcamp and destroyer, and really use that mark feature that Ari tells you about. Dont worry about a question you may not know, mark it and try to get those easy ones.

Rc

Search and destroy, nothing new here. Im not too hot with the reading comprehension, and had one really random article, but like everything else, practice makes perfect.

Bio

this was the most intense for me, being that I had to learn more than half of it on my own in the span of a month. Huge shout out to Craig Savage, Crash Course Biology, Bozeman Science, Interactive Biology (and any other youtube channel I forgot to mention ). Qvault was great because of their plethora of questions, hitting every possible topic. Bootcamp were gold, because their test was really on par with the real thing. Destroyer is good at doing what it does best, destroying you lol (very helpful,same reason as qVault). Overall, I feel like the Bio was geared towards systems style (if x, what will happen to y organ etc) and less memorization. Also used the kaplan blue book and Feralis notes to familiarise myself with the terms.

Gc

Chad.....that is all. He really knocks it out of the park. Bootcamp had great exams, and overall I felt it was pretty straightforward.

Orgo

Really simple except the Lab techniques, which I was not prepared for. I did not study enough, because i though I would rock it but oh well, cant complain.

All in all, you really need to think happy thoughts, study hard, and try to understand rather than memorize. Finally, do a lot of practice exams, because extra time is a huge plus. I had extra time in every section, and not because I'm super quick or anything, but because I did a lot of practice exams and abused the mark feature ;)

Shoutout to Ari from Bootcamp-that stuff is the shizzle and my Dat felt like another bootcamp exam, just a tad easier lol, Chad because yea,its chad...........and all the people on youtube who make free videos to educate the random folk. You will not believe the resources available :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

This is actually my first post, and just wanted to give a huge shoutout to all of you, because the first step to success for the DAT is support. Hope to help out someone out there just like I was a month ago, mulling over the possibility of scoring not so hot, retaking blah blah.........

A little about me:
Im a non-science major (pursuing a BBA)
I studied for a month only (hibernated is more like it)
I haven't taken the second half of my Introductory Bio (bio 2)

Materials Used: Chad, qVault, DAT Bootcamp, Full Destroyer Package, Ferali's Notes, Kaplan AP Bio, Youtube :)

Breakdown:

Pat 22
Qr 21
Rc 20
Bio 22
Gc 22
Oc 20
Ts 21
AA 21

Pat

Bootcamp!!!!!!I was rolling through without a hitch, wish I could have done more angles because honestly it feels like i missed only those. everything else was a breeze compared to Bootcamp, it really prepares you for it.
Qr

Bootcamp and destroyer, and really use that mark feature that Ari tells you about. Dont worry about a question you may not know, mark it and try to get those easy ones.

Rc

Search and destroy, nothing new here. Im not too hot with the reading comprehension, and had one really random article, but like everything else, practice makes perfect.

Bio

this was the most intense for me, being that I had to learn more than half of it on my own in the span of a month. Huge shout out to Craig Savage, Crash Course Biology, Bozeman Science, Interactive Biology (and any other youtube channel I forgot to mention ). Qvault was great because of their plethora of questions, hitting every possible topic. Bootcamp were gold, because their test was really on par with the real thing. Destroyer is good at doing what it does best, destroying you lol (very helpful,same reason as qVault). Overall, I feel like the Bio was geared towards systems style (if x, what will happen to y organ etc) and less memorization. Also used the kaplan blue book and Feralis notes to familiarise myself with the terms.

Gc

Chad.....that is all. He really knocks it out of the park. Bootcamp had great exams, and overall I felt it was pretty straightforward.

Orgo

Really simple except the Lab techniques, which I was not prepared for. I did not study enough, because i though I would rock it but oh well, cant complain.

All in all, you really need to think happy thoughts, study hard, and try to understand rather than memorize. Finally, do a lot of practice exams, because extra time is a huge plus. I had extra time in every section, and not because I'm super quick or anything, but because I did a lot of practice exams and abused the mark feature ;)

Shoutout to Ari from Bootcamp-that stuff is the shizzle and my Dat felt like another bootcamp exam, just a tad easier lol, Chad because yea,its chad...........and all the people on youtube who make free videos to educate the random folk. You will not believe the resources available :heckyeah:

So did you only use bootcamp for the PAT? Great scores btw

Members don't see this ad :)