DAT done 6/21!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilgrove87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after spending a month studying I'm finally done with the DAT, but still need some advice......

Perceptual Ability..............23

Quantitative Reasoning.......21

Reading Comprehension......18

Biology............................20

General Chem...................19

Organic Chem...................18

Total Science...................19

Academic Average.............19

This is my first time taking the DAT and I'm excited about the scores I received. Although I see a bunch of people posting extremely high scores, I hope that is just the top 5% of people. I'm going to be graduating in the fall with a double major in Human Biology and Chemistry with a overall GPA of 3.78 and a science GPA of 3.76. I plan on applying to 8 different schools in the Midwest just to increase my chance of getting accepted somewhere.......:xf: So I'm just looking for advice from some other students out there on where I stand.

I'm also willing to answer any questions about my prep or the actual test in general.....

Members don't see this ad.

So after spending a month studying I'm finally done with the DAT, but still need some advice......

Perceptual Ability..............23

Quantitative Reasoning.......21

Reading Comprehension......18

Biology............................20

General Chem...................19

Organic Chem...................18

Total Science...................19

Academic Average.............19

This is my first time taking the DAT and I'm excited about the scores I received. Although I see a bunch of people posting extremely high scores, I hope that is just the top 5% of people. I'm going to be graduating in the fall with a double major in Human Biology and Chemistry with a overall GPA of 3.78 and a science GPA of 3.76. I plan on applying to 8 different schools in the Midwest just to increase my chance of getting accepted somewhere.......:xf: So I'm just looking for advice from some other students out there on where I stand.

I'm also willing to answer any questions about my prep or the actual test in general.....

congrats on getting it done!!
just wondering what material did you use and how was ur schedule like? how many hours do you spend each day?

Thanks!~

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a month to prep for the test and I'm going to be honest I felt like it was overkill. One week before the test I had already forgot most of the stuff I learned when I started. I think the key is to work on the PA and RC sections to start off with then finish with bio, GC, and organic. The materials I used for studying was the Kaplan BB, Topscore, and Chad's videos.

The test can definitely get you flustered to begin with because it felt like they were asking absurd biology questions throughout. The key is to stay focused because it can become discouraging when you go through three questions that you have no idea on.

And the feeling once you get done is amazing so that is always something to look forward to :)

Nice scores overall. Well done
what material did you to study for the DAT?
was the calculator helpful in the math section?
thanks in advance

I think with your GPA you have good chance, apply early.. :D
I have some questions for you about the actual exam.

1. How random was Bio? did you think it was way off cliff's?
2. Was RC that bad? I'm not a native speaker.. were they science related? :(
3. I've been reading that the hole punching and angles were quite difficult.. how'd u feel about them?

Thanks!

The calculator was a huge help throughout the entire section because you could focus on the overall question and not get lost with doing math in your head.

The biology section just had questions that I never thought would appear. For instance they asked, which of the following is not a sign of aging? And they had to obvious ones that were and two that had were strange. So it really is a process of elimination.

I really screwed up on the reading section because I took way to much time on my second passage that had to deal with moral ethics.... I was like just great. By the time I got to the third passage I was almost out of time and the guessing game went into full effect lol. So my suggestion would be do the two easier passages first then deal with the oddball.

The PA section was really easy in my opinion with the exception of the angle rankings. Hole punching was nothing out of the ordinary on my test.