DAT Exam Touching Monitor Screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voager

DDS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this question but will still want to get your feedback.

So when you take DAT, the DAT guide says you cannot tough the monitor screen. what if you accidently do touch it (out of habit..I am from an It background and has habit of touching screen to keep my focus) will this count as misconduct? I don't want to even accidently ruin my chances... i find it easy to eliminate answers and keep tab on them using my finger on screen...but I know I cannot touch the screen...how about if I don't touch screen but position my hand in a way to keep records of my choices or for the matter use the marker to get an idea of angle ranking section by holding it infront of screen ( i find it helpful) without writing or touching.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be safe, don't touch the screen. I feel like that kind of stuff is up to how up tight the Prometric staff is and I just wouldn't risk it considering how much work you put into preparing for the DAT.

What I did to keep track of answers for angles was to make a table on my sheet before the exam began and scratched off the choices as I eliminated them. This helped me keep track of the potential answers as I worked through the problem. This is useful for pretty much most topics except hole-punching.

1) A | B | C | D
2) A | B | C | D
15) A | B | C | D

For hole punching, I made fifteen 4 x 4 grids and marked where I thought the holes were being punched.

As for your other point, regarding angles and holding your pen up, I would try that quick-glance technique. The laptop/ski hill thing never really worked for me.

Thanks...I think scratching answers off on the scratch sheet is better idea than holding my hand at wierd angles and infront of screen...like the 4X4 grid idea