DAT Finally DONE!! Breakdown...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Helms99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
25 QR
23 PAT
20 Bio
24 GC
25 OC
23 TS
22 RC

23 AA

First I want to thank SDN. I posted a few months back and got great quality responses on how to prepare. Not going into a complete breakdown of what I did to prepare for all scores but let me know if you guys are curious about any specific section.

Will have to say that I highly recommend taking a nootropic like Doxiderol while preparing.
It significantly affected by focus and the sheer number of hours I was able to productively study.

Good luck to everyone else taking the test!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great score.Congrats!

I have also used Doxiderol and it has helped me alot.
It's been pretty popular in my school. Some people take a few capsules before a long study session but I think it actually works best if you take it daily. It's not like taking Adderall. It's actually good for you.

I wonder how many people take it in dental school. I would assume a decent amount because its safe and actually increases your alertness.

I know a few people in dental school who take Doxiderol and say its a big help. I mean if you work out you would take a supplement to make sure your body is getting the right nutrition. Why shouldn't you do the same for your brain.

Members don't see this ad :)
CHEATER! You didn't focus and study you used drugs!!!!.....and now I am freaking jealous I didn't know about this before...all those hours trying my best to keep focus on those god damn boring as hell RC passages...

In all seriousness though, VERY well done and congrats on the terrific scores! Did ya think about the schools you want to apply to?

P.S. Thanks for the Doxiderol. At berkeley a lot of kids took Adderall, but I had never heard of this thing. I knew I was never ever going to even try something like Adderal; This doxiderol being an over the counter is in the best case, an effective study aid and in the worst case a placebo...at least it isn't a good ole dose of amphetamines!

Thanks. You didn't do so bad on the DAT yourself. :)

I actually tried Adderall before but it wasn't for me. Made me feel cracked out.. dry mouth etc.
Doxiderol is more of a mild alertness just enough so that your productive all day and it actually helps me sleep better. I don't think its a placebo either. I mean nootropics have been around since forever. I first heard about them from Tim Ferriss (the guy who wrote 4 hour work week and 4 hour body.) He would take Huperzine before he tried to learn a new language. It's all about either increasing neurotransmitters in your brain, increasing brain flood flow or reducing stress (Bacopa) which keeps you more focused.

Thanks. You didn't do so bad on the DAT yourself. :)

I actually tried Adderall before but it wasn't for me. Made me feel cracked out.. dry mouth etc.
Doxiderol is more of a mild alertness just enough so that your productive all day and it actually helps me sleep better. I don't think its a placebo either. I mean nootropics have been around since forever. I first heard about them from Tim Ferriss (the guy who wrote 4 hour work week and 4 hour body.) He would take Huperzine before he tried to learn a new language. It's all about either increasing neurotransmitters in your brain, increasing brain flood flow or reducing stress (Bacopa) which keeps you more focused.

Oh I wasn't saying its definitely a placebo. I was just saying that since it isn't prescription drug, it is either mild in its effects and works, or in the worst case, its just marketing hype pushing a placebo. So in the worst case you're out however many bucks it costs without at least damaging your body...which can't be said about most other things people use to "study better". Of course it it works, then its just awesome!

I hear ya. Thats why I didn't have an issue trying it.

In terms of schools I honestly have no clue at this point. I want to stay on the east coast so maybe umdnj or nyu. Any thoughts on where I can shoot for with the scores a got?

I have some shadowing experience and a 3.8 gpa.

Great scores!! Congrats!!!! With your scores and your GPA you can pretty much choose any school!!

How did you use Doxiderol? How long? I've never heard about this... I just went on their website and I see that it's natural, so I'm curious to know, if you used it daily, how many pills did you take in a day of studying. I saw something on the website that it is recommended to stop it for a little bit after 4 weeks... can you please explain how this works.... Thanks!!

Great scores!! Congrats!!!! With your scores and your GPA you can pretty much choose any school!!

How did you use Doxiderol? How long? I've never heard about this... I just went on their website and I see that it's natural, so I'm curious to know, if you used it daily, how many pills did you take in a day of studying. I saw something on the website that it is recommended to stop it for a little bit after 4 weeks... can you please explain how this works.... Thanks!!
I took Doxiderol everyday once in the morning on an empty stomach and then a capsule every 3 hours after that. If I really needed a boost I would take 2 at once. I still take it daily and in terms of stopping it for a bit that is just a precaution, basically if your taking like 4 a day after 6 weeks you may just take a few days off to make sure your body can reset itself.

In terms of how it work its all common nootropics that are used but its just a good mix and not very expensive. It boosts your acetylcholine levels, Bacopa reduces stress, and DMAA gives you a boost of clean energy that you won't crash from.

I took Doxiderol everyday once in the morning on an empty stomach and then a capsule every 3 hours after that. If I really needed a boost I would take 2 at once. I still take it daily and in terms of stopping it for a bit that is just a precaution, basically if your taking like 4 a day after 6 weeks you may just take a few days off to make sure your body can reset itself.

In terms of how it work its all common nootropics that are used but its just a good mix and not very expensive. It boosts your acetylcholine levels, Bacopa reduces stress, and DMAA gives you a boost of clean energy that you won't crash from.

Yep I went by the same principle.. i take one every morning. When i was studying for the DAT, i was taking 2 every few hours. i try to stay away from caffeine because it gives me stomach problems. As for the stopping it after four weeks, i dont think that statement is meant to scare anyone. The company is probably just being cautious. All the ingredients are natural and safe. :cool:

I hear ya. Thats why I didn't have an issue trying it.

In terms of schools I honestly have no clue at this point. I want to stay on the east coast so maybe umdnj or nyu. Any thoughts on where I can shoot for with the scores a got?

I have some shadowing experience and a 3.8 gpa.

Lol, with those stats the choice remains yours! I haven't been enough to the East Coast to say whether I'd like it or not, but I'm definitely applying to a few there. Being in the west coast I am geographically biased, but I'll be studying indoors most of the time anyway right?

Yep I went by the same principle.. i take one every morning. When i was studying for the DAT, i was taking 2 every few hours. i try to stay away from caffeine because it gives me stomach problems. As for the stopping it after four weeks, i dont think that statement is meant to scare anyone. The company is probably just being cautious. All the ingredients are natural and safe. :cool:
And you saw results?

edit: Guess so, class of 2016 :D

Members don't see this ad :)
haha yea i absolutely did.. it just gave me a boost of energy that i seriously needed before a 10 hour study session. I took it everyday.

I also literally had 3 hours of sleep the night before my DAT. I took 2 Doxiderol capsules again in the morning and surprisingly I didnt feel tired at all. I was really pumped to take it :nod:

Last edited:
25 QR
23 PAT
20 Bio
24 GC
25 OC
23 TS
22 RC

23 AA

First I want to thank SDN. I posted a few months back and got great quality responses on how to prepare. Not going into a complete breakdown of what I did to prepare for all scores but let me know if you guys are curious about any specific section.

Will have to say that I highly recommend taking a nootropic like Doxiderol while preparing.
It significantly affected by focus and the sheer number of hours I was able to productively study.

Nice JOB man!

As ushaseos said, I'm a little jealous that I didn't know about this earlier lol
I totally could have used one on test day when a girl started typing an essay next to me during my PAT...

Great scores. Congratulations. However, I would stop taking Doxiderol if I were you. I think this would be better for you in a long run.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I actually think the ingredients in Doxiderol are great for you in the long run as long as your not abusing the product, just like anything else. I don't usually take supplements so I did a lot of research before taking it. A ton of people in my school take Doxiderol too, and they all have great things to say about it.
But I guess its about what works for you :D

Great scores. Congratulations. However, I would stop taking Doxiderol if I were you. I think this would be better for you in a long run.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i'm a little skeptical myself, sure the ingredients are all natural but we don't know for sure how pure the extracts actually are. Even big supplement companies like BSN have problems with their supplements and had heavy metal (yes, very bad) contaminants in them. And just because something is natural, it doesn't mean it's automatically good for you.

hahaha, not sure if serious. This seems like a plug for Doxiderol. Decided to look at the ingredient label...a BIG LoL at the dosing. Also, DMAA being all natural/safe? Good one.

In terms of the other ingredients...
- Bacopa is a well known supplement (although chronic uses up to 6-8 weeks are necessary to notice effect)
- Hup A you should NOT take consistently.
- Alcar and Vinpocetine are fine, but really the rest of the formula is a joke - and still wayyy under dosed.
- Also, B12 form is Cyanocobalamin? :rolleyes:

If not a plug, however, great score ;)

Except that there is no dosing listed on the website or label... So where are you getting this information from ?

Except that there is no dosing listed on the website or label... So where are you getting this information from ?

It is on the website - go to the "How it Works" where the label is listed. The prop blend is wildly under-dosed for those listed ingredients. 251.7mg? ALCAR's typical therapeutic dose alone is 250mg+.

Didn't think this thread would get so heated lol. Anyway guys just wanted to let you what really helped me out while I was studying. See all of you in dental school :cool:

hahaha, not sure if serious. This seems like a plug for Doxiderol. Decided to look at the ingredient label...a BIG LoL at the dosing. Also, DMAA being all natural/safe? Good one.

- Bacopa is a well known supplement (although chronic uses up to 6-8 weeks are necessary to notice effect)
- Alcar and Vinpocetine are fine, but really the rest of the formula is a joke - and still wayyy under dosed.
- Also, B12 form is Cyanocobalamin?

Definitely seems like a plug for it to me :rolleyes:

I think nootropics are a bunch on nonsense. I haven't taken Doxiderol, but I tried Alpha Brain and I thought it was counterproductive. I was able to sit down for longer, but my concentration didn't increase, and it also made me feel like crap.

The amount per capsule of dmaa isn't too high. It worked best when I took two in the morning on an empty stomach.

- Also, B12 form is Cyanocobalamin? :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Great score.Congrats!

I have also used Doxiderol and it has helped me alot.
It's been pretty popular in my school. Some people take a few capsules before a long study session but I think it actually works best if you take it daily. It's not like taking Adderall. It's actually good for you.

I wonder how many people take it in dental school. I would assume a decent amount because its safe and actually increases your alertness.

No allopathic medicine is "actually good for you" ... smh

i would not touch this stuff.

after having done plenty of research on 1,3 dimethylamylamine (DMAA) i would not risk it. This ingredient was found in the popular workout supplement "jack3d" which was pulled off of the market due to questionable affects of DMAA (among other things).

i'll stick with my 2 cups of green tea as my study aid

Last edited:
I'm not sure about doxiderol or anything, but to be fair, it seems that the class action lawsuit regarding DMAA is about USP labs claiming the DMAA they use is "natural" and from germanium. Not that DMAA was found to be unsafe, although that's up for debate right now.

If the FDA won't ban BPA's here, idn if they'll ban DMAA to be honest. I would hesitate to take this product only because caffeine works just fine for me. Whether or not this is a plug, I don't know. Realistically he didn't link a code or anything though that'll give him commission, so unless he's a partner/investor in the company, I don't think he'll gain anything financially out of it.

No allopathic medicine is "actually good for you" ... smh

Im pretty sure a dietary supplement with natural ingredients wouldnt be characterized as allopathic medicine. Adderall, on the other hand, would fall under the category of allopathic medicine.

25 QR
23 PAT
20 Bio
24 GC
25 OC
23 TS
22 RC

23 AA

Helms great scores. Can you please give more a breakdown of what you used to prepare. I'm specifically interested in what you did for Bio and OC. I'm really struggling to get scores in the 20's for those two.

Hey good job on the test if you really took it.

Anyone can hate me, call me a troll, or say whatever you please to me... but what is with people on here pushing Doxiderol? I'm not trying to look down on people from my moral high horse or anything, but I'm starting to feel like they need to start doing some extensive drug testing for the DATs to make it fair for some of us "all natural" hard working test takers. All I ever needed was 6-7 hours of sleep, and 3 well balanced meals a day to do well on my DAT. And no I do not have to scan my unofficial score report to prove my point.

Sorry helms, no I'm not hating on you or your efforts. Just have nothing to do, so I decided to rant about Doxiderol. Have a nice day :)

Hey good job on the test if you really took it.

Anyone can hate me, call me a troll, or say whatever you please to me... but what is with people on here pushing Doxiderol? I'm not trying to look down on people from my moral high horse or anything, but I'm starting to feel like they need to start doing some extensive drug testing for the DATs to make it fair for some of us "all natural" hard working test takers. All I ever needed was 6-7 hours of sleep, and 3 well balanced meals a day to do well on my DAT. And no I do not have to scan my unofficial score report to prove my point.

Sorry helms, no I'm not hating on you or your efforts. Just have nothing to do, so I decided to rant about Doxiderol. Have a nice day :)

I wholly agree. It is possible to do well without using a drug to help you focus. You just need the determination to do so.

Helms great scores. Can you please give more a breakdown of what you used to prepare. I'm specifically interested in what you did for Bio and OC. I'm really struggling to get scores in the 20's for those two.

Hey Matt, here is what I used:

Bio: KBB, Cliffs AP Bio, KHAN ACADEMY VIDS, and DESTROYER. And I emphasize DESTROYER because I felt like that was the most helpful, and by far the most difficult. I started by going through KBB and whenever I felt like I stumbled upon an important topic that wasn't thoroughly explained, I looked it up in Cliffs AP Bio (this saved me a lot of time because I didnt read Cliffs front to back, too much information in my opinion). Khan Academy vids was just a supplement, I used it to explain certain topics that I knew I needed to know (like glycolysis, krebs cycle, etc). When I was done with those, I went through Destroyer multiple times.

OChem: To be frank, I didn't think any book was better than my college Ochem notes. I had an amazing professor and his notes were golden, so I mostly studied those notes. Ofcourse, I used Destroyer to practice, and I went through the OChem section multiple times.

GChem: Destoyer, Chads Vids, Textbook. Once again, I stress Destroyer.

PAT: CrackDATPAT (test yourself as many times as you possibly can, I personally felt this section was way more difficult on the exam than when I was practicing). Also, a friend a mine took a Kaplan course and he let me use his Kaplan online practice quizzes for the PAT. They were good, but not as challenging as CrackDATPAT.

Reading: I used the The Princeton Review for the MCAT. I borrowed the book from my cousin who actually highly recommended the book for their reading practice sections, and I loved it. I think it prepared me well.

QR: Math Destroyer

I know this may not seem like a lot in comparison to other people who post on SDN, but I didnt think it was necessary to read 50 different DAT books front to back. I honestly thought Destroyer and Math Destroyer were by far my greatest preparation material due to its level of difficulty. Also, I tried to take as many practice exams as possible when I finally became comfortable with all the material. Just google old DAT exams and you should be able to find a few exams to practice on. When you practice, be sure to TIME YOURSELF!!! because that is just as important as knowing your material!!!!

I hope this helps you... don't kill yourself studying because your going to be burnt out on the day of the exam. Take a day off every now and then and just breathe. Practice as much as you can.

Last edited:
Chads vids was just a supplement, I used it to explain certain topics that I knew I needed to know (like glycolysis, krebs cycle, etc).

just curious, how long did it take you to run through the Bio section of Chad's videos?

Last edited:
I tried to space out all the materials and topics so its difficult to answer that question precisely. But I would have to say I watched chads vids for an hour or so a day for a month, just as a review for the topics that I either didn't understand or wanted to know better.

well.. I see that too.. This is kinda confusing unless OP's whole purpose is to give out false hopes or ideas.... whats your thought?

:confused::confused::confused:

actually I reread it, he kinda does give out some false info or info that might give OP advantage:mad::mad: too immature if thats serious

anybody else see the problem we've encountered here? :)

Wow you guys are just downright mean. Let me start off by saying that I mistakenly wrote CHADS when I meant Khan Academy vids.. I had used Chads for Chem and I confused Chads with Khan, HONEST MISTAKE. I am in the middle of studying for finals now so I didnt put 100% of my attention into this post.. I also apologize for trying to help you guys on the forum when I really didnt have to, considering I do have a life. TXpredent, you can stop PMing me asking me for advice on the DAT because obviously your not looking for advice, your looking to find a "troll" on SDN. Stop frustrating yourself and just go study. Thats probably the best advice I can give you.

TXpredent, you can stop PMing me asking me for advice on the DAT because obviously your not looking for advice, your looking to find a "troll" on SDN. Stop frustrating yourself and just go study. Thats probably the best advice I can give you.

Take it easy... no one's trying to be mean. I only PMed once when you first made this thread bc you asked us to ask you if we had any concerns about a specific section.

I was only pointing out a mistake, no need to be so defensive. I thought I was the only one that saw that and thought it was weird. You can set the personal attacks aside. You should take a pill for that, doxiderol doesn't help with that? Good luck on your finals and thanks for your help....

Not going into a complete breakdown of what I did to prepare for all scores but let me know if you guys are curious about any specific section.

Last edited:
Take it easy... no one's trying to be mean. I only PMed once when you first made this thread bc you asked us to ask you if we had any concerns about a specific section.

I was only pointing out a mistake, no need to be so defensive. I thought I was the only one that saw that and thought it was weird. You can set the personal attacks aside. You should take a pill for that, doxiderol doesn't help with that? Good luck on your finals and thanks for your help....

Dont get so scared, it wasnt a personal attack.. I was just pointing something out, like you had to me ;). Your welcome on the help. Good luck to you.

Hey Matt, here is what I used:

Bio: KBB, Cliffs AP Bio, KHAN ACADEMY VIDS, and DESTROYER. And I emphasize DESTROYER because I felt like that was the most helpful, and by far the most difficult. I started by going through KBB and whenever I felt like I stumbled upon an important topic that wasn't thoroughly explained, I looked it up in Cliffs AP Bio (this saved me a lot of time because I didnt read Cliffs front to back, too much information in my opinion). Khan Academy vids was just a supplement, I used it to explain certain topics that I knew I needed to know (like glycolysis, krebs cycle, etc). When I was done with those, I went through Destroyer multiple times.

OChem: To be frank, I didn't think any book was better than my college Ochem notes. I had an amazing professor and his notes were golden, so I mostly studied those notes. Ofcourse, I used Destroyer to practice, and I went through the OChem section multiple times.

GChem: Destoyer, Chads Vids, Textbook. Once again, I stress Destroyer.

PAT: CrackDATPAT (test yourself as many times as you possibly can, I personally felt this section was way more difficult on the exam than when I was practicing). Also, a friend a mine took a Kaplan course and he let me use his Kaplan online practice quizzes for the PAT. They were good, but not as challenging as CrackDATPAT.

Reading: I used the The Princeton Review for the MCAT. I borrowed the book from my cousin who actually highly recommended the book for their reading practice sections, and I loved it. I think it prepared me well.

QR: Math Destroyer

I know this may not seem like a lot in comparison to other people who post on SDN, but I didnt think it was necessary to read 50 different DAT books front to back. I honestly thought Destroyer and Math Destroyer were by far my greatest preparation material due to its level of difficulty. Also, I tried to take as many practice exams as possible when I finally became comfortable with all the material. Just google old DAT exams and you should be able to find a few exams to practice on. When you practice, be sure to TIME YOURSELF!!! because that is just as important as knowing your material!!!!

I hope this helps you... don't kill yourself studying because your going to be burnt out on the day of the exam. Take a day off every now and then and just breathe. Practice as much as you can.

Thanks this is is very helpful! Destroyer has been really challenging for me but I'm hoping working on something tough will improve my scores. Khan academy has been really great. Started using it for my other classes in school as well.