DAT QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope the real DAT is much easier than Math Destroyer Test #12 2014 edition.

Members don't see this ad.

Literally no matter what I do I can NEVER finish the QR section... I'm left with like 7 to guess on every single time. How do you get better at it? I've taken so many practice tests on Crack the Dat and on the DAT Destroyer :penguin:

Literally no matter what I do I can NEVER finish the QR section... I'm left with like 7 to guess on every single time. How do you get better at it? I've taken so many practice tests on Crack the Dat and on the DAT Destroyer :penguin:

It's all about repetition and practice. You should have nearly all of the QR formulas from Math Destroyer memorized as well as most of the trig identities and unit circle. I haven't taken a math class in 12 years but I was able to get a 23 for the QR section. I made flash card of all the formulas plus other conversions that I felt were important. Then I practiced with Math Destroyer tests 1-7 over and over again. For the more difficult questions, mark your answer and move on. There is no sense in spending 2-3 minutes on a difficult problem when you could be answering 2-3 easy questions. I didn't use the Destroyer Math section, as I heard it wasn't representative of the real QR difficulty. I'd practice with Math Destroyer, DAT Qvault and Bootcamp. good luck!

It's all about repetition and practice. You should have nearly all of the QR formulas from Math Destroyer memorized as well as most of the trig identities and unit circle. I haven't taken a math class in 12 years but I was able to get a 23 for the QR section. I made flash card of all the formulas plus other conversions that I felt were important. Then I practiced with Math Destroyer tests 1-7 over and over again. For the more difficult questions, mark your answer and move on. There is no sense in spending 2-3 minutes on a difficult problem when you could be answering 2-3 easy questions. I didn't use the Destroyer Math section, as I heard it wasn't representative of the real QR difficulty. I'd practice with Math Destroyer, DAT Qvault and Bootcamp. good luck!
What do you mean by the math destroyer is not representative of the qr section? Does it mean that the real dat is much easier than the math destroyer?

Members don't see this ad :)
You seriously need to read peoples answers more thoroughly. That's NOT what he meant at all! Reread his post and try again.

What do you mean by the math destroyer is not representative of the qr section? Does it mean that the real dat is much easier than the math destroyer?

Math Destroyer and Destroyer Math are different. The Destroyer Math section is much more difficult than anything you will see on the QR section, while Math Destroyer is more representative (but still slightly harder than what's on the exam). If you can get at least 30/40 on the Math Destroyer tests while timing yourself, you will be set for the QR section.

Math Destroyer and Destroyer Math are different. The Destroyer Math section is much more difficult than anything you will see on the QR section, while Math Destroyer is more representative (but still slightly harder than what's on the exam). If you can get at least 30/40 on the Math Destroyer tests while timing yourself, you will be set for the QR section.
If you get a 30 / 40 in the math destroyer tests does that means a 30 is possible on the real dat?

If you get a 30 / 40 in the math destroyer tests does that means a 30 is possible on the real dat?

It's possible, but unlikely given the time constraints. I'd argue that if you can consistently score at least 30/40 on Math Destroyer that you should get 20+ on QR.

It depends on what test version you get. Sme people said it was not that easy. It is best to prepare for everything.