DAT Retake?! Terrible testing conditions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comingfords

Dental Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just took my DAT yesterday and had an awful experience with the prometric testing center and need your opinions on what you think my next step should be in resolving this. I am applying to dental school this coming cycle (june 2022) and I cannot afford to wait 90 days to retake the DAT due to unforeseen testing conditions which were out of my control. The staff were relatively pleasant but I did end up having to wait 5 minutes with my hand up to get their attention. The computers were SO slow which really threw off my pace, efficiency, and focus. I had to wait between 4, 5, and sometimes even 6 seconds before the next question would load which really impacted my performance.

I prepared for the test using DAT Bootcamp which was absolutely amazing. The practice tests were very representative of the real test but I did not have the problem of waiting 5 seconds for each question to load. When I came across this on the real DAT, I panicked.

Does anyone have any tips on contacting the ADA to resolve this testing issues and retaking?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.