DAT Retaking and Not showing up to exam date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btsc12

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took DAT before, and I did not do so well. So, I have no other choice but to retake it again. My exam date is on the last date of my registration eligibility, and I already extended once. However, I still feel like I am not ready to retake it, and I think it is best to postpone it again because I am planning to apply next cycle anyways.
So is it ok to not showing up to exam? Do I have to wait for three months to reschedule again? I assume that they will not count this as one attempt since I do not show up and take it. I am willing to pay another fee for a new application, but I just don’t want to wait another three months.

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt show up for an exam because i didnt feel ready. NOTHING HAPPENS. It dosent count to the amount of times you are allowed to take the exam. You just have to pay again for the exam. I can’t remember clearly but I believe that I didnt have to wait 3 months. I took it about a month after i didn't show up. Good luck!!! Its best to take the exam when you fell good about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I didnt show up for an exam because i didnt feel ready. NOTHING HAPPENS. It dosent count to the amount of times you are allowed to take the exam. You just have to pay again for the exam. I can’t remember clearly but I believe that I didnt have to wait 3 months. I took it about a month after i didn't show up. Good luck!!! Its best to take the exam when you fell good about it.
I was so nervous until I read your post. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I took DAT before, and I did not do so well. So, I have no other choice but to retake it again. My exam date is on the last date of my registration eligibility, and I already extended once. However, I still feel like I am not ready to retake it, and I think it is best to postpone it again because I am planning to apply next cycle anyways.
So is it ok to not showing up to exam? Do I have to wait for three months to reschedule again? I assume that they will not count this as one attempt since I do not show up and take it. I am willing to pay another fee for a new application, but I just don’t want to wait another three months.
As per the 2022 ADA DAT Guide
NO-SHOW POLICY Candidates who do not appear for a scheduled testing appointment and do not cancel or reschedule their appointment by the required time in advance of the test date will forfeit all testing fees, be required to submit a new application, and must pay the fee to schedule a new appointment.

Here is the link to the guide if you want more clarity, refer to page 15.

Good move not to take the DAT if not feeling prepared.

Wishing you the best, Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

I was so nervous until I read your post. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Oh and if you havent done so I HIGHLY recommend you use DAT Bootcamp!!! It helped me so much and its very similar to the actual DAT.