DAT Scheduling: Still in Orgo 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothHurty32

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the DAT in May and just started studying this month. I'm in orgo 2 right now. Will that be a problem? Should I study what I already know in orgo and branch out as I learn more? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on taking the DAT in May and just started studying this month. I'm in orgo 2 right now. Will that be a problem? Should I study what I already know in orgo and branch out as I learn more? Any advice?

Kind of depends on your class. My school was notorious for extremely hard organic chemistry tests (don’t know how some schools get away with multiple choice organic tests) so after orgo 2 I was very confident in organic and neglected it for 2 weeks till my exam. For me that strategy worked but it really just depends on how confident you feel with the material. If your school makes you take the ACS final than you can kind of use that to gauge where you stand. For reference I had 97 percentile in ACS and 27 OC. This shouldn’t be a problem it should be an advantage as material is still fresh. Good luck!

You should be fine depending on the intensity of your schools organic classes, there were some questions on my test that I learned late into orgo 2 but as long as you are keeping up with your lecture you will be fine.

I feel like my school is pretty standard in regards to organic chem, maybe a little more rigorous than average, and I got a 30. Best of luck, it is all very doable!

Reactions: 1 user