DAT Scheduling

Started by sbesbesbe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sbesbesbe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

This is my first time writing the American DAT (from Canada).
But I have a couple questions on scheduling.

1) So before you can schedule, you must get the DENTPIN and fill out the online DAT electronic application correct?

2) when making the DENTPIN, Identification type: SIN, SIN is referring to social insurance number correct?

3) when choosing the schools you want the marks to be submitted directly, what if you don't know all of the schools you will be applying to? I plan on applying next year so I'm not sure which ones I will be choosing? Can you chose all to be safe?

Thanks!
 
1. Yes
2. Yes, SIN is essentially Canada's version of the social security number
3. I didn't put all the schools I eventually applied to down and had no problems during the app cycle. Be wary, after adding I think 5 schools they charge you per school. Put down schools you'll for sure apply and don't worry about it, unless you hear otherwise


Hi,

This is my first time writing the American DAT (from Canada).
But I have a couple questions on scheduling.

1) So before you can schedule, you must get the DENTPIN and fill out the online DAT electronic application correct?

2) when making the DENTPIN, Identification type: SIN, SIN is referring to social insurance number correct?

3) when choosing the schools you want the marks to be submitted directly, what if you don't know all of the schools you will be applying to? I plan on applying next year so I'm not sure which ones I will be choosing? Can you chose all to be safe?

Thanks!
 
1. Yes
2. Yes, SIN is essentially Canada's version of the social security number
3. I didn't put all the schools I eventually applied to down and had no problems during the app cycle. Be wary, after adding I think 5 schools they charge you per school. Put down schools you'll for sure apply and don't worry about it, unless you hear otherwise


3. I added like 20 different schools because I didn't know about this before. When you are actually applying later, can you choose the 5 schools you want them to send the marks?

Also, after you finish the online DAT electronic application and pay the $360, you have to wait for them to send you the eligibility number to schedule the date to write the DAT right?
This eligibility number is different from the ID number you get right after payment right?

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I added all the school I am slightly interested in because I thought it was free. 😳 I still think it's free b/c I don't think I got charged anything extra... I'll look into this and let you know.
 
3. I added like 20 different schools because I didn't know about this before. When you are actually applying later, can you choose the 5 schools you want them to send the marks?

Also, after you finish the online DAT electronic application and pay the $360, you have to wait for them to send you the eligibility number to schedule the date to write the DAT right?
This eligibility number is different from the ID number you get right after payment right?

Thanks!

When you start applying through AADSAS you'll be able to choose what schools you want. I applied to 10 initially and then added more during the cycle, it's easy. As far as the DAT registration goes, you should get an email confirmation one or two days after you've submitted the online application saying that you've been approved to take the DAT. Then you'll go to the prometric website - with your given ID number- and sign up for a date of your choice.