Day in the Life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Backpack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any practicing physical therapists or physical therapy grad students describe a day in their life? I'm really trying to decide on what I want to do before this fall and I think hearing about the career of actual PTs and what they think of it will help. I've been moving away from my marketing major and towards physical therapy this summer.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can any practicing physical therapists or physical therapy grad students describe a day in their life? I'm really trying to decide on what I want to do before this fall and I think hearing about the career of actual PTs and what they think of it will help. I've been moving away from my marketing major and towards physical therapy this summer.

Thanks
www.google.com

www.wikipedia.com

The best thing to do is volunteer at a few places; hospitals, outpatient, etc. I volunteer at a hospital and it has really helped me gain an understanding of many health careers. You could also see if you could shadow one. People on here might be kind of reluctant to explain a day in their life because even if they explain it it would not convey it as well as if you were to actually see it. That's why most programs have substantial volunteering/shadowing requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's really hard to say because PT's work in so many different areas. The scope of practice is huge! I literally cannot compare any of my experiences to one another. Do some job shadowing/volunteering like chman suggested. It will be the only way to know for sure. Good luck!

If you are serious about PT, please volunteer and job shadow PTs in multiple settings (outpatient, inpatient, etc...) No video online or description on a forum can replace the real thing and seeing it with your own eyes.