De-Assigning LoRs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAbroiler

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we have assigned a LoR and it still hasn't been uploaded. Do the programs see that it's still "pending"? i.e. would they view this as an incomplete application?

I have 3 letters already but am waiting for a letter that would be helpful but if it's delaying the "complete" status of my application, I may de-assign it or send it out later. Would de-assigning it make the application look complete or does it have no bearing?

Members don't see this ad.

On my end, all I see is that you would only have two letters. If letters are missing, I can't tell why. I don't know whom the letters are from until they are uploaded. Some programs might consider an application with only 2 letters incomplete -- more likely in the competative specialties (i.e. the derm program at my institution received 400 apps for 2 spots. Their first cut was to remove anyone whose application wasn't absolutely complete by their application deadline cutoff).