DEA Scam/Phishing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Be on the lookout. Phony DEA agent(s) calling "pain clinics" about "expired DEA numbers." They're spoofing a Virginia area code number. It caused about 30 mins of frenzy with my admin folks before the scam was revealed.

The DEA doesn't leave voicemails and doesn't ask for your social security number.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, I got one two weeks ago. “Officer John Scott” called and left a very stern message with my MA about needing to talk about an investigation. The thick Indian accent when I called back was a bit of a tip-off. Apparently a large packet of narcotics was intercepted at the Texas/Mexico border with my DEA number on it, etc, etc. I didn’t have the patience to stick around and figure out how they were actually trying to get money from me.

Oh yeah, I got one two weeks ago. “Officer John Scott” called and left a very stern message with my MA about needing to talk about an investigation. The thick Indian accent when I called back was a bit of a tip-off. Apparently a large packet of narcotics was intercepted at the Texas/Mexico border with my DEA number on it, etc, etc. I didn’t have the patience to stick around and figure out how they were actually trying to get money from me.
I got the exact same call a few months ago. I called back to f with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anything real will not be a phone call, it'll be a letter.

Thanks for lettting us know though.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a voice-mail 4 months ago from a DEA agent with an indecipherable Asian accent. It was hilarious.

I should have called and trolled them.

Got a few calls and emails. Asked about my SAM number. 2 different agents. Awaiting contract officer to send paperwork. I have charts to review and probably will be needed to testify in court. I think I am getting different situation than you guys.