Dean of Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine charged with DUI in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yikes, I have an interview there soon. :eek:

maybe they should have rescinded him too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait this is the same place that was so concerned about professionalism on an online forum and rescinded a dudes acceptance. What....the.....f.....

the cat in the hat is probably laughing his ass off.

ACOM license plate... Come on, really?

will there be a "public apology"?

Last edited:
It says in that article he got arrested in Florida. Wasn't cat in the hat also from Florida?
Coincidence? I think not lol

Wow. How ironic. Welp, time for an apology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did I miss something? Gotta hear this story.

funny-gif-Jake-Gyllenhaal-wink-awkward.gif

I posted a great summary of what happened, but now I cant find it :(

I posted a great summary of what happened, but now I cant find it :(

That's what happens when you have over 12,600 posts ;)

Seriously what the heck is going on with ACOM. This does not look good for a school trying to make a name for themselves. Part of me thinks that our SDN martyr should write a strongly-worded letter to ACOM asking for a second chance, in light of this act of karma. The logical part of me thinks that it would be futile.

That's what happens when you have over 12,600 posts ;)

Seriously what the heck is going on with ACOM. This does not look good for a school trying to make a name for themselves. Part of me thinks that our SDN martyr should write a strongly-worded letter to ACOM asking for a second chance, in light of this act of karma. The logical part of me thinks that it would be futile.

I think he should continue to lay low. ACOM told him they were considering notifying the "authorities" because of "threatening" things he said on the "internet". If I were him I wouldn't want to get anywhere near that possibility again.

I think he should continue to lay low. ACOM told him they were considering notifying the "authorities" because of "threatening" things he said on the "internet". If I were him I wouldn't want to get anywhere near that possibility again.

Holy ****...... In 5 sentences, please summarize what happened. Im dying here.

True. I would do the same in this situation. There's just that small part of me that is angry on his behalf. It's like watching one of your classmates get kicked out of the exam for not being in full dress code. It's painful and irritating to witness.

Holy ****...... In 5 sentences, please summarize what happened. Im dying here.

1. Person 1 ("cat in the hat") makes SDN name that is pretty much his real name. They also apparently put their real name on MDapps, though I didn't see that with my own eyes.
2. Person 2 (perhaps multiple) reports Person 1 to ACOM for saying inappropriate things on the internet. Presumably facebook and SDN
3. ACOM investigates and rescinds Person 1's acceptance the day before Thanksgiving via email.
4. SDN calls shenanigans.
5. SDN/facebook investigates and decides that since the IP is not from the state of Alabama, it must be a hoax.
6. SDN/facebook investigates further and verifies that the email is legit.

Sorry that's more than 5 sentences lol.

True. I would do the same in this situation. There's just that small part of me that is angry on his behalf. It's like watching one of your classmates get kicked out of the exam for not being in full dress code. It's painful and irritating to witness.

Oh I know.

They could contact the authorities and tell them that he on an account on a social forum made a racial joke. The authorities would laugh their asses off.

Ouch. That is some BS. Has the rescinded offer stood? Or is the student SOL?

They could contact the authorities and tell them that he on an account on a social forum made a racial joke. The authorities would laugh their asses off.

Well yea, but the letter (I read it) says that he made threats.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=966423

thats the link to the thread, but a lot of the posts got deleted/edited, including the OP

Yea, this is the second thread (same name) made by someone else. The guy deleted the original thread (probably) after realizing it was a bad idea to make the thread in the first place.

Ouch. That is some BS. Has the rescinded offer stood? Or is the student SOL?

99.9% sure he is SOL this cycle. He had other interview offers, but really wanted to go to ACOM so turned them all down. People close to him have reported he is going to pursue an SMP.

Well yea, but the letter (I read it) says that he made threats.

I read it as well, and 1) stating violent intent towards someone who you do not know is not pressing, 2) they're likely misinterpreting something again.

To be completely honest, it'd be hilarious if all of these things transpired while the dean was drunk, i.e the misinterpretation of the person's statements and of the actual writing of the letter ( Since it was sent after the college was officially closed).

Yea, this is the second thread (same name) made by someone else. The guy deleted the original thread (probably) after realizing it was a bad idea to make the thread in the first place.

99.9% sure he is SOL this cycle. He had other interview offers, but really wanted to go to ACOM so turned them all down. People close to him have reported he is going to pursue an SMP.

He should go do an SMP, retake the Mcat and go MD.

I read it as well, and 1) stating violent intent towards someone who you do not know is not pressing, 2) they're likely misinterpreting something again.

To be completely honest, it'd be hilarious if all of these things transpired while the dean was drunk, i.e the misinterpretation of the person's statements and of the actual writing of the letter ( Since it was sent after the college was officially closed).

God only knows what Karma has in store for the dean. Time will tell.

Haha yea that would be funny.

What did the dude say that was so bad?

It's not all that important at this point. This tragedy has been gossiped about enough on SDN. If you're dying to know, search the pre-osteo forum for the thread. I wouldn't be surprised if it got deleted, though.

Wow....you can't make this stuff up, can you?:rolleyes:

do they have a written transcript??? this audio is ludicrous!