Dean's certification Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Insightful

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have received a disciplinary probation that is no longer on my record. I will be fine unless the dental school ask the student conduct to pull out the internal record. Are there schools that do not request this type of conduct related emails to the school once you get accepted? I think I will be fine with background checks because I did not do any crimes.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have received a disciplinary probation that is no longer on my record. I will be fine unless the dental school ask the student conduct to pull out the internal record. Are there schools that do not request this type of conduct related emails to the school once you get accepted? I think I will be fine with background checks because I did not do any crimes.

Thank you so much!
Based on your previous posts, even though they've been blanked out, you did do something that you'd have to report on AADSAS, because you did have disciplinary action taken against you. You've also asked if you can simply just say no to that question which would be false...

It's up to you to decide how to approach your application. You may get accepted, live your dental school years in fear of being caught, never get caught and may graduate, or you may be caught any time before matriculation up to graduation and have basically 0 chance going forward. You never know what your LORs have said (if they have access to your records and mention it) or who has connections or colleagues.

If you want to lie and not report it, it's your choice - just know and understand the possible consequences of your actions. Personally, I would report it, own it, and show how you've learned from it.

Good luck

Based on your previous posts, even though they've been blanked out, you did do something that you'd have to report on AADSAS, because you did have disciplinary action taken against you. You've also asked if you can simply just say no to that question which would be false...

It's up to you to decide how to approach your application. You may get accepted, live your dental school years in fear of being caught, never get caught and may graduate, or you may be caught any time before matriculation up to graduation and have basically 0 chance going forward. You never know what your LORs have said (if they have access to your records and mention it) or who has connections or colleagues.

If you want to lie and not report it, it's your choice - just know and understand the possible consequences of your actions. Personally, I would report it, own it, and show how you've learned from it.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your your sincere advice!

I have another question. So I am actually a reapplicant and I applied last year with a “No” to whether I have disciplined student conduct violation. However, I noticed the severity of getting caught would put me in 0 chance of going to dental schools. So, I decided give up last year’s application and took a gap year and apply again this year with a “yes” to the question. Since I applied some schools last year with a “No” to the question, I will be applying schools that I did not apply last year. I heard from my friend saying that it would be a big problem if you said “yes” to student conduct violation in the previous application and change it to “No” in the current application. However, my situation is the other way around. Do you think ADEA would find it a problem and send to schools that I have applied to other schools with a “No”?

Thank you so much for reading my question!

Thank you so much for your your sincere advice!

I have another question. So I am actually a reapplicant and I applied last year with a “No” to whether I have disciplined student conduct violation. However, I noticed the severity of getting caught would put me in 0 chance of going to dental schools. So, I decided give up last year’s application and took a gap year and apply again this year with a “yes” to the question. Since I applied some schools last year with a “No” to the question, I will be applying schools that I did not apply last year. I heard from my friend saying that it would be a big problem if you said “yes” to student conduct violation in the previous application and change it to “No” in the current application. However, my situation is the other way around. Do you think ADEA would find it a problem and send to schools that I have applied to other schools with a “No”?

Thank you so much for reading my question!
I don't ADEA would do anything.... and yes your situation is the other way around, you're being honest and truthful this time around - I would put "yes" as that's the truth and just be ready for whatever happens. Even though you lied last cycle, I think it's better to be honest right now, than to be in school years later and lose everything when you're so close to finishing.

And I realized that you asked if you could put "no" for the reapplication question in your previous threads, I would be honest there too..... not only is it unethical and wrong (would you want your dentist to be a liar?), it's too much of a gamble to lie and hope to get away with it.