Dear class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just keep practicing with it. I need to complete some projects soon once I finish the course. I know R, but not much python, so Im using the Python track right now. Ill probably do full stacks on code academy and blockchains if I ever get curious enough
Also for full stacks, I highly recommend freecodecamp. I joined two years ago, but I never committed to finish it. The community is very very supportive too. They have regional charters and study groups that meet weekly or monthly to just code with each other, ask and answer question, keep each other motivated and help getting a a job etc. ALL for free.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Also for full stacks, I highly recommend freecodecamp. I joined two years ago, but I never committed to finish it. The community is very very supportive too. They have regional charters and study groups that meet weekly or monthly to just code with each other, ask and answer question, keep each other motivated and help getting a a job etc. ALL for free.
does it give you a cerf though? lol else Ill do codeacademy. I think they may give cerf
Edit: nvm they do give cerfs lol

does it give you a cerf though? lol else Ill do codeacademy. I think they may give cerf
yes, freecodecamp gives various certs for front end, algorithms etc. but not only that, the projects are so hands-on and relevant that hardly anyone needs to go fully through the whole curriculum and projects, before getting a developer job. by the end of the day, a portfolio of projects is what people truly need to get jobs

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, freecodecamp gives various certs for front end, algorithms etc. but not only that, the projects are so hands-on and relevant that hardly anyone needs to go fully through the whole curriculum and projects, before getting a developer job. by the end of the day, a portfolio of projects is what people truly need to get jobs
do you know if I cancel datacamp the things I do would be still there or not? or whole thing restarts =0
yeah Im also trying to tackle some of the projects on datacamp

do you know if I cancel datacamp the things I do would be still there or not? or whole thing restarts =0
yeah Im also trying to tackle some of the projects on datacamp
Mine expired lol. no, it stays where you left off.

• Love
thanks man! Ive been coding everyday so far. Sacrifice a lot of things, it depends on how much you sacrifice. how much you want it. Ill check out code academy. The curriculum seems more for me

also feel free to audit some edX courses. a lot of them are very high quality and no inferior to actual undergrad/grad courses on campus.

Actually looking at this
Practicing my languages every week
Now free ivy education everywhere

free college education lol... no need to pay 40k a year lol... educate yourself
i am also pushing my gf to go into ds as well:p
gt omscs only asks for 6.6k tuition over 2-2.5 years for ~10 courses. gt omsa asks for 9.9k over same time frame for 10 courses and one practicum/internship type of big data project course that must be done with an employer. They graduate with the same degree as the on-campus program and will be invited to attend the grad ceremony with them when completed.
the two programs combined, possibly the most sought-after degrees in tech, cost around the same for one year of my pharmd tuition. i mean, WTF is going on :mad:?

• Haha
i am also pushing my gf to go into ds as well:p
gt omscs only asks for 6.6k tuition over 2-2.5 years for ~10 courses. gt omsa asks for 9.9k over same time frame for 10 courses and one practicum/internship type of big data project course that must be done with an employer. They graduate with the same degree as the on-campus program and will be invited to attend the grad ceremony with them when completed.
the two programs combined, possibly the most sought-after degrees in tech, cost around the same for one year of my pharmd tuition. i mean, WTF is going on :mad:?
Ill get back to you on the blockchains. apparently there are no schools for it, the technology itself is very new. A lot of consultants out on the field but no one really knows how to teach it

Ill get back to you on the blockchains. apparently there are no schools for it, the technology itself is very new. A lot of consultants out on the field but no one really knows how to teach it
Blockchain Fundamentals
uc berkeley will have 2 grad level courses on edx for 178 bucks.
don't have any reviews yet, so can't really tell their quality.
blockchain developers mostly use c++ i assume, so better stick with the fundamentals and drill c++ and algo/data structures for now.
I will wait for some reputable schools to join the bandwagon to launch new programs for now.

Blockchain Fundamentals
uc berkeley will have 2 grad level courses on edx for 178 bucks.
don't have any reviews yet, so can't really tell their quality.
blockchain developers mostly use c++ i assume, so better stick with the fundamentals and drill c++ and algo/data structures for now.
I will wait for some reputable schools to join the bandwagon to launch new programs for now.
Not blockchains but

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to teach C++. lol

I never thought that I would live to see pharmacist wages dip below $50/hour. Not to mention $200,000+ of student loan debt! The golden years of pharmacy are over. The pharmacist shortage is a myth. All those greedy new schools are opening up just to milk all the new students. They send recruiters to college campuses just to lie about the reality of the profession. Walmart is planning to lay off up to 40% of their pharmacists. CVS and Walgreens have been closing down hundreds of stories.

I'm a WM PIC in BFE CO, we suffered some massive cuts, where did you get this 40% number from? is it reliable?

It’s official news that Walmart is planning to lay off up to 40% of their pharmacists.
40% of its *senior pharmacists* which who knows how big that is. If senior pharmacists were 50% of all their employed pharmacists then a 40% cut means a 20% cut overall which isn’t as bad as it looks to be.
The bigger problem here is that it sets a precedent for future cuts as people age every year. So the question becomes how often will they start doing this? Every 5 years? 2 years? 1 year?

YoU hAvE tO bE rHo ChI tO gEt ReSiDeNcY

Bill o’ goods my friends. Know plenty of people who were nowhere near Rho Chi who matched. Know Rho Chi people who didn’t match. Just because you’re smart on paper doesn’t mean you can parler your way into a spot.
But you can't get a minimum GPA either and expect to get a spot. the more people who apply for a residency each year, the more requirements will be more strict without any kind of objective standardized exam. and heck they might make a PGY-3....

But you can't get a minimum GPA either and expect to get a spot. the more people who apply for a residency each year, the more requirements will be more strict without any kind of objective standardized exam. and heck they might make a PGY-3....

PGY-3 is already happening

I guess it's time for some hospitals to create a permanent position called perpetual pharmacy resident (PGY-P);). the position will pay minimum wage for some delusional pharmacy leadership to tout "ever-evolving profession of pharmacy".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
This fall you are planning on starting pharmacy school. I was in your shoes 3 years ago and I am now in my p4 year. The stories are true and you should be informed about what you are going into. New grads are now starting at 90k/year if you get full time hours. When I entered it was about $115k. That's right, in just 3 years, 25k/year. At this rate be prepared for 50-60k/year by the time you graduate if you go forward with pharmacy school this fall. The stories about no jobs are true. If you are fortunate to get a job, be prepared for 20-30 hours a week. So like 50k/year. I have friends working at a coffee shop trying to make extra money because they cant afford their loans and only get part time prn hours. Pharmacy is not what it used to be. Pharmacies are going out of business left and right with more and more graduates every year. This is a dying profession. Consider this carefully. I was ignorant when I entered and wish I listened to the stories.

Hello Sir, good post. I have finished pharmacy school and have been without a job ever since. Pharmacy is good if you like learning but getting a job I think can be tough. I'm currently looking at Burger King as someplace to work while I look for that coveted pharmacist job.

Hello Sir, good post. I have finished pharmacy school and have been without a job ever since. Pharmacy is good if you like learning but getting a job I think can be tough. I'm currently looking at Burger King as someplace to work while I look for that coveted pharmacist job.

how about we take our degrees outside of north america, because other continents are desperately in need.

I guess it's time for some hospitals to create a permanent position called perpetual pharmacy resident (PGY-P);). the position will pay minimum wage for some delusional pharmacy leadership to tout "ever-evolving profession of pharmacy".

They’ll never title the position that way. They need to dangle a six-figure paying unicorn job in front of starry eyed pre-pharms and desperate P4s, new grads, unemployed pharmacists, and retail pharmacists trying to get out.

how about we take our degrees outside of north america, because other continents are desperately in need.
I get recruiter inquiries for chinese pharma companies weekly on linkedin, and i am getting used to just ignoring them.
there are many jobs from chinese pharma/biotech, and some of them are starting to match the US compensation. BUT you have to be able to read chinese medical texts and communicate in chinese fluently.

I get recruiter inquiries for chinese pharma companies weekly on linkedin, and i am getting used to just ignoring them.
there are many jobs from chinese pharma/biotech, and some of them are starting to match the US compensation. BUT you have to be able to read chinese medical texts and communicate in chinese fluently.

i understand that, but id rather spend the next year of my life learning whatever language than to sit in a country like americca where everything is geeting saturated by the minute.

i understand that, but id rather spend the next year of my life learning whatever language than to sit in a country like americca where everything is geeting saturated by the minute.
chinese language is much more difficult than that tbh. daily conversation is one thing, but academic discussion is another whole different story.

are you sure? there are >40000 job openings for data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data engineers RIGHT NOW on LinkedIn. forecasts for the demand in the next decade will even surpass this decade and create 11.5M jobs by 2026, according to US bureau of labor stats.

chinese language is much more difficult than that tbh. daily conversation is one thing, but academic discussion is another whole different story.
I dont want to read the book anymore, Ill read the chinese newspaper and have someone read it with me or watch the movies with me

Is there any room for optimism?

No he is right....i moved from South Florida to BFE Colorado.....now saturated.... and im talking a highly undesirable place to be.