Debt Free!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The problem is... It's still HCA

Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile

This. My guess is even when they drop Envision, they’ll look at any of the other CMGs before considering any sdg.

Members don't see this ad.

This. My guess is even when they drop Envision, they’ll look at any of the other CMGs before considering any sdg.
Thats true... the reason though isnt what you think. Most Sdgs do not aggressively pursue new contracts. Its the issue with fairness. Each new contract isnt some cash cow!

That being said you have to ask yourself how these startup CMGs like APP, Legacy Physician partners, (ER doctors worked without pay for weeks as three Philly area hospitals changed management - WHYY) and a bunch of other startup groups get contracts. They show up, make promises that they maybe can deliver on. From personal experience, they would love to have an SDG. They are dumb and stupid but even they get the benefit of not dealing with some regional VP who treats them like a 4th wife.

A group of motivated EPs can make this work. Its not that hard if you are willing to work hard and want to work in your own community for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user

Eh I'm not so sure. I used to work for an SDG that got a contract at a former Envision shop and they beat out Team etc to get the contract. The reason was simple: hospital C-suite wanted a group that would be completely invested in their specific hospital as they'd been burned by CMGs. And it's worked out very well for that hospital and the group. Now that many hospital admins have experience with the cons of CMGs I think the door is cracked open a little wider for groups of good docs to band together and slip in and get their own contracts.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats true... the reason though isnt what you think. Most Sdgs do not aggressively pursue new contracts. Its the issue with fairness. Each new contract isnt some cash cow!

That being said you have to ask yourself how these startup CMGs like APP, Legacy Physician partners, (ER doctors worked without pay for weeks as three Philly area hospitals changed management - WHYY) and a bunch of other startup groups get contracts. They show up, make promises that they maybe can deliver on. From personal experience, they would love to have an SDG. They are dumb and stupid but even they get the benefit of not dealing with some regional VP who treats them like a 4th wife.

A group of motivated EPs can make this work. Its not that hard if you are willing to work hard and want to work in your own community for yourself.

I continue to appreciate your positive outlook.

In my experience, a solid group of docs in my area formed a well functioning after the hospital dropped their previous CMG. When I was being recruited to the group, another cmg undercut them and grabbed the contract.

Ive also noticed plenty of docs aren’t motivated to create a SDG and make it work.

Hopefully you all are right, though. Andover the next few years we’ll see more of a shift to SDGs. Maybe even some AAEM approved ones.