Dec 1st...means exactly what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

simseema17

Can anyone tell me what Dec. 1st means exactly? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but all I know is that some schools will start sending out their acceptance letters. Have some schools not send out their rejection letters yet also?
eek.gif

Will some schools continue to interview, because I haven't been invited to 1 interview yet!!! Although I have my 3 rejection letters
frown.gif
Anyway, I think I'll call the schools next week to see what's going on with my application...good luck to everyone
biggrin.gif

Members don't see this ad.

It is confusing. I think all of the schools that go through ADEA agree to not send out the first round of acceptance letters until December 1. Apparently a rejection letter can be sent out any time after an application has been reviewed. Some schools seem to indicate that interviews will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis as long as the applicants meet a basic cut off criteria. Other schools seem to try and juggle their interviews around the credentials of the applicants. I don't know much about the acceptance/wait list system. I would imagine that it is also a juggling process of sending out acceptances to some of the folks that have been interviewed (knowing that some of those will opt for other schools) while leaving open slots for others who have been interviewed or still need to be interviewed. I know someone who got interviews before December 1 and after December 1. Some schools told that person that it would be an advantage to interview before Dec 1 while others said that it made no difference. So, repeating myslelf, it is a bit of a mystery to me too. I have read a lot of your posts and know how anxious you are. I did not think that your stats were all that bad especially since you have some experience in the field. I think some of the schools just move slower than others. For example, the person I mentioned above just got a receipt for their application fee from one school. That person had sent in the application payments to all the schools at the same time (about 4 months ago). Go figure. Hang in there. Your chances are not unreasonable. There are about 4000 slots for approx 9500+ applicants. Your 18/17 DAT/PAT means you are reachable. Good luck.

Are we supposed to get receipts for the application fees that we sent to the schools? I mailed them way back in October, and none of the schools that I had sent money to, have even acknowledged my existence or have received the money.

Thanks groundhog for your advice...it's nice to be reminded that I'm not the only one confused by the system
confused.gif

BJ...I don't think all schools will send you a receipt for the application fee. In my case, I called all the schools and made sure they got my fee so my application could at least be reviewed...I would call the schools you applied to and double check...Good luck to all of you guys
biggrin.gif