Decent tri-fold pullman luggage for carrying interview suits/shirts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrbanAmish

Connectile dysfunction
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys

any experienced suggestions for decent carry-on, tri-fold pullman luggage for toting around interview suits/shirts/shoes? i just want my clothes to stay unwrinkled and not get lost in baggage check.

i am aware that coach flyers (e.g., poor med students) cannot always count on being able to hang our suits in the 1st class closet. the floppy garment bag alternative doesn't work so well when doing greyhound, amtrak, or touring the city. :) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of modern carry-on suitcases have built in garment bag / suiters. I know samsonite, swiss army and delsey make them. For my interviews, I would typically put a suit and 2 dress shirts in the fold in suiter. There was still enough room comfortably for a pair of dress shoes, my portfolio, toiletries, and an extra set or 2 of clothes. The best part is these are carry-on and you will never have to check a suit case in during the interview trail.

This is similar to what I used (from swiss army):
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/...Wheeled-Upright-Bag-NXT-30-22-Expandable.html

If you don't have close access to outlet stores, you can try TJ Maxx for luggage at pretty reasonable prices. I got a swiss army carry-on with built-in trifold garmet bag for ~ $110. I've had it for about a year and never had any problems with things getting wrinkled. good luck