deciding between two DO programs...advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cof2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between UNECOM and TUCOM-CA. I know they are very different location-wise, but any advice on choosing between the two would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

I've posted this several times now so here goes again...you need to understand which climate you will be more happy in. You will be there for four years and it will be stressful, so you might as well be happy where you are living. In general, unless you are planning on practicing rural medicine I would go with TUCOM-CA. For diversity purposes alone, within a one hour drive of the campus you can be working with any population you desire (inner-city, rural, rich, poor, and every ethnicity under the sun). The same is definitely not true for UNECOM....but if you are really into rural medicine then UNECOM would be a better match. Again, both are good programs, but only you know where you will fit best.

I'm trying to decide between UNECOM and TUCOM-CA. I know they are very different location-wise, but any advice on choosing between the two would be great.

Does anybody have any advice for deciding between lmu dcom and wcu com?