Deciding where to send LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDApplicant!

Reaction score
Hello SDNers:

I'm currently accepted at Stony Brook, and am on the WL at UCSD, USF Morsani, Harvard, Hofstra and WashU. I'm super happy and grateful with having an acceptance to an awesome school! However, I want some advice on where to send my Letter of Intent (LOI), and where to send letters of interest?

Some context: I am a CA resident, and don't know what I want to specialize in. However, I want to leave the door open for more competitive residencies/fellowships (Cardiology, surgical subspecialties, etc). I also want to preferably match back into CA, or TX. NYC was originally on the list of places I want to match into, which I know Stony Brook does a great job of, but I'm worried because NYC has a bad rep for residency (esp IM). I saw that Stony sometimes matches into CA, but there's pretty few cases (but this could also be bc they're a state school in NY?)

Currently, my ranking of schools is Harvard --> WashU --> UCSD --> Hofstra ~ Stony --> USF. I'm WL'ed at the USF SELECT program, and they ONLY accept LOIs. UCSD also mentioned that LOIs have no affect on their decision, so I won't send an LOI there. I'm not sure about Harvard, because I feel like they probably wouldn't care as much (please correct if i'm wrong). So right now, my options for an LOI would be either WashU or Hofstra, but earlier last month, I sent an update to WashU in which I stated interest, so now I don't really have any meaningful updates to send. Of these schools, where would you all recommend that I send my letter of intent? In addition, what does WL movement look like at HMS, WashU and UCSD?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.