decision before or after Fall grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LivestockDoc

I speak 4 the cows!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't sure how to come up with a thread title that would make sense.

For those of you who applied this cycle, did the committees take into consideration your grades from Fall '08 before making their decision? Some people had decisions in hand so much earlier than others that I'm wondering if some schools are reviewing your app before Fall grades have been sent to them.

Members don't see this ad.

Of the schools I applied to, 5 asked for transcripts and 1 didn't. I'm not sure if or how much they consider your Fall '08 grades (that probably depends on your GPA before the Fall and if you are taking pre-reqs in the Fall), but most schools seem to ask for them.

I think each school determines that for themselves, with the majority requesting them and probably taking them into some consideration.

One of the schools I applied to said don't send them, one said you can send them if you want us to consider them, and the other 5 said send them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Missouri doesn't plan to send acceptance letters until they have recieved all interviewee fall transcripts. So if you are one of those people that has procrastinated, get going!:smuggrin:

PP

A&M waits until they get all transcripts as well. That's why it takes them until March to decide.

UTK requests fall transcripts

Thanks for the info, everyone!

I'm applying in Fall '09 and I want my Fall '09 semester grades to be considered b/c it's my one opportunity to take a heavy courseload. Right now, I'm still considered OOS, so I can't take more than 3 credits without it costing me over 13 grand. Yikes! I won't be considered IS until June 1st.

Minnesota specifically tells you not to send fall transcripts, so you might want to cross them off your list :)