Dedicated to beginners!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys..

i was away for the weekend...and it feels wonderful to be back..

i would be bluffing if i say i studied even a little bit this weekend...coz i didnt! :D anyways..im trying to compensate for the lag..and hope to start question papers by tomorrow and also thinking of reading thru Kaplan (dental anatomy) side by side. if we do maybe 10 pages or so per day..shd be able to finish in a week.

let me know whats happening at ur end..

meghana.

Members don't see this ad.

meghna5 said:
hey guys..

i was away for the weekend...and it feels wonderful to be back..

i would be bluffing if i say i studied even a little bit this weekend...coz i didnt! :D anyways..im trying to compensate for the lag..and hope to start question papers by tomorrow and also thinking of reading thru Kaplan (dental anatomy) side by side. if we do maybe 10 pages or so per day..shd be able to finish in a week.

let me know whats happening at ur end..

meghana.

Hi all!
as usual i m back n tring to finish yest's decks :(
now we got only 2 days to finish DA,right?
let me know how many days i have in my hands,
by the way, r u solving any DA paper????

dent_ist

hi guys..

i just read abt someone getting an 88 and crying!!88 and crying? my goodness....this is driving me crazy...does it mean that with an 88 u just have a CHANCE??????????? if thats the case, why are we sitting like dumb idiots and hogging for this stupid exam anyway? wasting our time and effort for just a CHANCE?????? this is crazy...its like u get to sow the seed but whether u eat the fruit or not is just a chance!! If u ask me..if i dont get an admission with an 88, i wd seriously think of going back and doing my masters from my native place...

sorry ppl..i just lost it..its just that this thing is driving the nuts out of me..i dont think i can take it anymore...

but strangely...now i am all the more determined.
lets do question papers from tomorrow..those who havent finished decks yet..can do it side by side with question papers. we will also do 10 pages of Kaplan (DA) from tomorrow.

guys..LETS SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS!!

meghana.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone
so time table is-da decks with revision-tillsunday
-10 pages of kaplan daily
-asda question papers daily
am i right? is anyone having asda series explanations?
let me know.
dds crazy

Hi I am new to this group.. Just came to Arizona!! I too am trying for the NBDE part I . I did not know where to start but all of you esp.. Meghana gave me the motivation.. Thanx...I have just given an order for the Kaplan text. I do not know what decks are !!! I do not know what else to buy!! Help!! :)

Waiting for a reply!!

Hey I am sorry I didnt see these set of messages before posting my query... I guess I have the answer.. if there is anything else I will have to look up please do tell me!!

meghna5 said:
thats really the most unselfish thought I have ever heard from a person i have never seen! thank u so much, Khurram. so glad that u r okay now.

Have u started preparing for the interviews? let me tell u the story of a friend i had met during a conference i attended while in college. She is a Geologist and is at present doing her masters. she has a friend who is the manager of a leading Chemical industry..u may ask, 'so what'? the thing is this man did not know much abt chemical engineering when he got accepted to the post! he was working in the IT field when he saw the ad for this post..so as soon as he sent his resume..he started preparing for the interview..he wrote down all the possible questions the examiner cd ask and practised with a friend to answer the questions in a very tactful way..and what were his tactics? he wd answer his questions in such a way that emphasis wd be put into HIS field of expertise and then he steered the examiner into asking questions from his field!! u can say the examiner was FORCED to ask questions which r in his favour!! and HE WON! and to think..he practised all this!

so u see..u CAN change ur circumstances...just change ur attitude(dont just hope to get into a good college...tell urself that U WILL) ,..practise all the possible questions with someone (this is very important)..throw in a little tact here and there..and before u know it..it will be time for u to start another thread...

ON SUCCESS!

take care..

meghana. :thumbup:

Thanks meghana,
i'm sure you all will score great, just study well...stick to ure schedule that most important and dont think that u can only score an 84...with a little luck u can all be in the 90 plus range and my best wishes will be with all of u...i'll be filing out apps next week so i might be a little busy but i'll be checking in everyday probably so post ure questions, comments, or insults(in the case of FOBDENTIST who by the way is still trying to paddle his way back to shore!) hahaahha...take care everyone
khurram

hows it going, fellas?

we r starting question papers (QP) today. if everyone has Dec 1986, we can all start with that. if not, start with the ones u have. we r only doing Dental Anatomy. there r 100 questions..so im not sure how long it will take to finish that with explanations.

BEFORE STARTING the QP, read 10 pages of Kaplan review. finish off that..then do some decks, if u havent finished. if u have finished decks, revise a little from decks and then start with the QP.

let me know how u all r doing as i know its a lot of material for one day.

meghana

g3k said:
Hi I am new to this group.. Just came to Arizona!! I too am trying for the NBDE part I . I did not know where to start but all of you esp.. Meghana gave me the motivation.. Thanx...I have just given an order for the Kaplan text. I do not know what decks are !!! I do not know what else to buy!! Help!! :)

Waiting for a reply!!

hi g3k...WELCOME TO SDN..and to our study grp..

im glad u r motivated. thats the first step.
do follow up on this thread and get started. we will be happy to help.

take care..

meghana :thumbup:

HEY PPL...WHATS UP FELLAS? U GUYS DECIDED TO DESERT ME OR WHAT? IS NOONE STUDYING? ..IM COUNTING ON U, PPL... ..now i'm beginning to think u guys dont like the study pattern we've put up here..pls do let me know if u need any change..or if u guys want to learn at ur own pace, thats fine too...we will just close this thread.. :(

meghana :confused:

yes meghna
dental decks quota was ok but I think this is a bit lengthy.
is it possible to make a little bit change in this?
one suggestion can we study only question papers i.e.100 questions one day.
no need to close the thread yaar. we r going fine.
what do u think guys?

dds crazy

meghna5 said:
HEY PPL...WHATS UP FELLAS? U GUYS DECIDED TO DESERT ME OR WHAT? IS NOONE STUDYING? ..IM COUNTING ON U, PPL... ..now i'm beginning to think u guys dont like the study pattern we've put up here..pls do let me know if u need any change..or if u guys want to learn at ur own pace, thats fine too...we will just close this thread.. :(

meghana :confused:
Hell no meghna,You are doing a great job.I am just finding it hard to keep up though.Keep it on .

yes ddscrazy..i felt that too..its a little too much for one day...i was just waiting for suggestions from rest of the grp. thanks for pointing it out, buddy..

ok lets do this...lets just give a deadline...ppl can then go at their own pace..lets finish DA by Aug 15th. I was thinking of doing 10 pages of Kaplan + a little breezing thru the decks..+ do as much as i can from question papers (yah 100 questions is a little too much..so maybe we can split one question paper for 2 days)..

let me know hows it going guys...i am going thru Dec 1986 QP..its pretty ok..

meghana

Members don't see this ad :)
BBGUN said:
Hell no meghna,You are doing a great job.I am just finding it hard to keep up though.Keep it on .

thanks BBGUN..
how do u feel abt the new timetable...revising is important..& does not take much time believe me..so breeze thru a few decks every day..till we finish DA. finish question papers and Kaplan at ur own pace..only try to finish by 15th..if we all cannot do it by then..we can always extend the time limit..hows that?

Come on,donot close the thread!U r a motivation to many who may not be posting on this thread regularly.
U people r going at good pace;Best of luck!! :)

hey thanks buddy..

meghna5 said:
hey ppl,

im starting this thread as per the suggestions of my fellow members of SDN...this thread is for those of u who have just started preparing for the Dec NBDE Part 1..and for those who are YET TO START!

MS_TOOTHMANIAC has suggested a plan for us...i am pasting her message below...u can also click on this link. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=136657

(hey guys..i am also preparing for Part 1..its taking me a long time to study new topics..only becoz i dont know whats imp and whats not..so i have to read the whole thing...i have an idea...maybe all those who r trying for dec NBDE shd each view a topic...and then post on the SDN what to study and what not to study abt THAT topic....then we wd not have to read everything blindly to find which is important ..we can save a lot of time that way..

so if 10 of us view one topic each...we can all cover 10 topics in lesser time than we wd usually take if we review each topic completely on our own..

hows that? )

i feel its a brilliant idea..because i have come across the same prob..too much material tends to wither our concentration...instead of reading a whole text..we can help each other by mentioning the 'must-read' material of the topics we have learnt. For eg: lets say we r studying abt Mandibular Anteriors. the must read material wd be something like this..

1) common characteristics
2) occlusion
3) one thing characteristic of canine alone..

and so on..

so we can ALL concentrate on these important things first ...and then..do the extra if needed. That way we wont miss anything which is vital..

do post ur opinion on this, folks...other ideas are also welcome..

thank u, toothmaniac and meetlife for this wonderful suggestion.

im already excited abt this...

meghana :thumbup:
Hello,

I ma looking for NBDE realesed version question papers for part 2 ....could u please guide me from where can i get them from?

I am preapring for eligiblity exam in sept.please give me any suggestion you think can help me.

thanks
spuri

u know what...ive been following this thread from the time it started..im laughing my head off after reading it...want to know why?

After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.... :laugh:

everyone was cheering Meghana when she started this thread and was asking for suggestions on how and what to study..now when she actually started the preparation, put up a time-table & started giving deadlines and stuff..where's everyone's enthu gone? okay some of u might be studying but not posting any stuff..but i'm sure there r many who r just addicted to SDN and dont get any studying done! (confession: i was too in the beginning! i used to log in every now and then..when i realised how i was wasting time, i took to checking SDN only after i finished the study quota for the day!)..

i have only one thing to say to all those who r taking the exam in Dec.

u have 4 months which is never going to come back. Make hay while the sun shines.

i just mean well, guys..no offense..

toothmaniac.

hello everbody!
how r u?
nobady posted @old paper marks n the experience....
well , i didn't finish with dental decks of DADH yet, as i am doing another sub also.
But yes i do solved dec/96 paper n i got 62 .
I don't know how's the score ,but i m very poor in movements of the jaws ,i get confused during sloving que on working n non working sides. :(

sorry meghana,i didn't post anything since long in this thread,as i didin't finish the decks with DADH. :oops:
No need to close this thread,its really helping all of us! :love:

bye n take care
dent_ist

Hello Meghna
Where r u yaar?
How r u doing with ques.papers?
My speed becomes almost zero after doing decks just once.Oh my god tell me what to do.I think u guys r doing really very fast.I am so tense -------------

I was relaxing a bit.Just let me know how much u r finished & how r u managing ur time with kaplan &ques papers?
I am also having problem in solving working &non working sides .of man. movements of jaw.Can u explain me a bit?
yeah MS TOOTHMANIAC u r right .I was also like checking the thread again &again& not studying at all but now i am serious.
Bye
dds crazy

HEY HOW R U ALL? cdnt log in to SDN for 2 days..my comp crashed...wait a min..i know u guys must be thinking i did this +pissed+ becoz of Dental Anatomy :laugh: yeah i was on the verge ...but i guess the comp got pissed before me...and it crashed on its own hehhe...i'm seriously thinking of doing 2 subjects a day, guys... DA is GETTING TO ME!!! thing is if i am bored i cannot finish the days quota..i will keep loafing around doing nothing!! so i am thinking of starting Physiology from today...do let me know if u r okay with it..

i managed to scrape by 3 QPs in DA..i didnt keep track of my score..but though i kept checking the answers now and then i think i did okay..

dent_ist, i think 62 is a gr8 score coz u havent still finished dental decks. im sure u will score more after u finish them and revise them atleast twice. And hey...dont worry abt not writing in this thread for long..as long as u r studying, i am happy to know that u r following this thread and that our study plan is helping u.

ddscrazy..dont worry if u have slowed down...i have too..i think its coz we all got tired of DA...doing another subject is sure to refresh us...so physiology decks from today..what say you? (60 decks counting both sides...and then try to finish a little of left overs from DA)..let me know..

also..what is it that u dont understand abt working and non-working side..if u cd specify..maybe i cd help u out..

take care..

PHYSIOLOGY UNDER ATTACK!! :thumbup:

meghana

spuri said:
Hello,

I ma looking for NBDE realesed version question papers for part 2 ....could u please guide me from where can i get them from?

I am preapring for eligiblity exam in sept.please give me any suggestion you think can help me.

thanks
spuri

ur best bet wd be to do a search on e-bay...also u cd look into the classified section of SDN..im sure many who have already given the exam will be willing to sell them to u...good luck!

meghna5 said:
HEY HOW R U ALL?..

PHYSIOLOGY UNDER ATTACK!! :thumbup:

meghana

hey meghana!
i m with u ,
let me know the time table of physiology :)

well,@the working non working sides, i was totolly blank during solving the paper. i think i need to wash up the base.......do u have any link for that,or any easy way to understand the arrows show on the tooth surface?
from where u study the working non working sides,any pericular book?

bye n take care
dent_ist :luck:

PHYSIOLOGY UNDER ATTACK!! :thumbup: :)

dent_ist said:
hey meghana!
i m with u ,
let me know the time table of physiology :)

well,@the working non working sides, i was totolly blank during solving the paper. i think i need to wash up the base.......do u have any link for that,or any easy way to understand the arrows show on the tooth surface?
from where u study the working non working sides,any pericular book?

bye n take care
dent_ist :luck:

PHYSIOLOGY UNDER ATTACK!! :thumbup: :)

hi dent_ist..

i referred to Wheeler's for the movements of mandible. At first, it was a little confusing for me too. Just imagine the picture in ur mouth and try to move ur mandible in the direction of the arrows when tackling questions like these...(u can even imagine chewing on ur favourite food..... :D)..u will get it..

u can also refer a well written tutorial by one of our SDN friends, gpg, abt mandibular movements..its excellent..the link is..

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=112382

hope that helps..

how far have u come with the physiology decks? so far so good?

meghana

hi meghana!
thanku very much for the link.
well, i don't have Wheeler's here with me :(
ne ways that link is good i ll go thru that

i considered we ll do biochem physio together n,
I started reading with biochem decks as i m very poor in that ,i hope i ll finish it soon.........
i finished only two topics AA/prot n pH,i m doing enzymes now...
what @ u ?

bye n take care
dent_ist

hows it going...our goal is to finish Biochem and Physiology by Sept 1st or 2nd week...then we can allot a few days for revision..for Biochem, Physio and DA. WHAT SAY YOU?

yes dent_ist..u r doing it right..since both Biochem and Physio are mixed in the decks..its better to do both together.
i hope all of u r doing the decks and using kaplan as reference as of now..

take care..

meghana

hi meghana!
i saw that thread for working non working side,its good
i have a doubt here

if u have the occlusal surfaces of the lower right posteriors with the arrow pointing distofacially its a non-working side movement to the right(see 1 above)

and similarly if you have the occlusal surfaces of the upper right posteriors with the arrow pointing to the mesiolingually its the non-working side movement to the left....see 2 above!

these r some points from ur post,
i m a littil bit confused here
lower right posteriors =non-working side movement to the right
upper right posteriors =non-working side movement to the left

thanks in advance
dent_ist

dent_ist said:
hi meghana!
i saw that thread for working non working side,its good
i have a doubt here

if u have the occlusal surfaces of the lower right posteriors with the arrow pointing distofacially its a non-working side movement to the right(see 1 above)

and similarly if you have the occlusal surfaces of the upper right posteriors with the arrow pointing to the mesiolingually its the non-working side movement to the left....see 2 above!

these r some points from ur post,
i m a littil bit confused here
lower right posteriors =non-working side movement to the right
upper right posteriors =non-working side movement to the left

thanks in advance
dent_ist

no reply to this!
why????? :( :(