Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted off a waitlist to a DO school. I had already started re-prepping for the MCAT and preparing my application again, as I had every intention of reapplying until I got accepted. I have personal circumstances that are making finances difficult right now, and it is almost impossible to pay the 110k for the upcoming year. For this reason, I'm in the process of being granted a deferral. I already have an MCAT date set for two weeks out, and if I do decently, I wanted to know what the harm would be in reapplying to MD and other DO schools just to give it a shot? Just wondering because the school I got into has some really shady stuff being said about it on here and on Reddit, but it was my only acceptance so I was ready to go until the other issue came up.

One should not apply to or accept a position at a school you don’t actually want to go to.

Also if you are having financial troubles, does it really make sense to reapply and sit for the MCAT and everything else? Maybe just save that money for your tuition?

What kind of scores are you getting on your practice tests? Is there anything else new in your application that would make you think you would have a different outcome this year than last year?

Members don't see this ad.

I improved my science GPA from 3.46 to 3.53 and cGPA to 3.65. I'm currently scoring 519s on the practice exams, retaking from a 508. I've already paid for the MCAT, that's why I'm considering just going along and taking it. I was planning on retaking now and reapplying while working a year. I actually really liked this school, but I saw a lot of people on here and even Goro says he does not recommend the school to anyone. Unfortunately, I didn't know and got a good feeling about it during the interview, so I didn't reject it.

If you end up scoring near your practice exams I think you would have a good shot at MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.