This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThopefulF17

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to OT schools currently, and am entering my final year of my undergrad this Fall. I will not be taking a gap year. I am wondering if OT programs allow deferred enrollment? As I will be fully financially responsible for myself, I will need to work and go to school in order to pay tuition and rent, and am wondering if worst comes to worst, would I be able to defer my acceptance to the next year so that I could prepare myself financially a little more? Any advice on how to handle this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

May I ask where you deferred? Was the process easy?

Members don't see this ad :)
i deferred.

Which program did you defer Beestring? I applied to the summer session for USA in Austin but I'm thinking I may need to finish up one more pre-req in the spring which would cut into the summer semester and may need defer to fall (if possible). This is all assuming I'm even granted an interview/acceptance ;p

Reactions: 1 user
USA fl

It depends on the PD-all campuses have different PDs.

The school has had an overall admin change. Not sure if they will be more lenient or not.