PhD/PsyD deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrostopherhenandex

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a school psychology graduate and I am currently doing a postdoc at a large AMC doing clinical and research. My postdoc now 50/50 split. I did my internship at an APA accredited school based internship, APA accredited program.

I think to add in teaching in the mix of that (depending on what you consider teaching) may be a little hectic. I'm considering teaching a course in addition to my workload as an adjunct at a college, but not trying to squeeze it into my week. There are definitely postdocs out there that will take school psych graduates as fellows as long as your training matches the fellowship. It's just about looking on listservs and job postings to find a match. There are also school psych focused postdocs out there too, fyi. School psychologists do get licensed and do research, and the most traditional(?) way it is done is through a postdoc

Hi Everybody,

I am beginning to think about getting a postdoc. I am currently enjoying internship at a large APA-accredited school based placement. Ideally, I would want a pdoc that is like one third therapy/assessment, one third teaching, and on third research.

Does anyone know if anything like that exists?

I am also interested in med/multidisciplinary settings.

USC/Children's hospital of Los Angeles University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) is very friendly to school psychology, is very interdisciplinary, and has several different specialty tracks to chose from. The fellowship does incorporate some teaching and research, but definitely not split up into equal thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.